Oguzhan YOLCU, Recep KÜRKÇÜ
Volume 4 - September 2015 (09)
In this study, it is aimed to determine and inquire the reasons of the injuries of gymnasts at Ollerup gymnastic high school in Denmark and to make the institutions, athletes and trainers aware of the subject. The sample of the study consists of 30 male and 9 female gymnasts whose ages are 20,87±1,86 and who are trained at Ollerup gymnastic high school. The injury cases of the gymnasts are determined through 24 questions information and questionnaire form. The %47,3 of the gymnasts participated in the research told that their injuries were on their feet and ankles whereas %16,4 was at lower back. The types of the injuries are %36,4 twist, %18,2 tension. The reasons of the injuries are %43,6 overload, %14,5 mental factors and %27,3 other unknown reasons. When the treatment method in the recovery period considered rest covers %41,8 and physiotherapy covers %32,7 of the period. As a result of the study, it is thought that the study is useful to determine and inquire the reasons of the injuries of the gymnasts, to decrease the number of injuries and to find out precautions for the injuries and to make the institutions, athletes and trainers aware of the subject.
Tumbling Gymnastics, Teamgym, Sport Injuries
- Biçer Y.,Çevrim H., Devecioğlu S.,(2009). evaluetıon the ınjury circumtances of teams in 1. amateur league football matches on 2006-2007 malatya
- Bolling C., Leite M.,(2012). Difference in injury profile in Trampoline and Artistic Gymnastics. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport.
- Caine D, Cochrane B, Caine C, Zemper E (1989).: An epidemiological investigation of injuries affecting young competitive female gymnasts. Am J Sports Med 1989;17:811–820.
- Caine D, Knutzen K, Howe W, Keeler L, Sheppard L, Henrichs D, Fast J (2003).: A three-year epidemiological study of injuries affecting young female gymnasts. Phys Therap Sport 2003;4:10–23.
- Caine D., Nassar L.,(2005). Gymnastics Injuries. Epidemiology of Pediatric Sports Injuries. Individual Sports. Med Sport Sci. Basel, Karger, 2005, vol 48, pp 18–58
- Grapton X., Lion A., Gauchard G., Barrault D., Perrin P.,(2012). Specific injuries induced by the practive of trampoline, tumbling and acrobatic gymnastics.
- Harringe M.L., Renström P., Werner S.,(2007). Injury incidence, mechanism and diagnosis in top-level teamgym: aprospective study conducted over one season. Scand J Med Sci Sports 2007: 17: 115–119
- Harringe M.L., Halvorsen K., Renström P., Werner S.,(2008). Postural control measured as the center of pressure excursion in young female gymnasts with low back pain or lower extremity injury.
- Kerr GA, Minden H (1988) : Psychological factors related to the occurrence of athletic injuries. J Sport Exer Psych 1988;10:167–173.
- Kolt GS, Kirkby RJ (1995) : Epidemiology of injuries in Australian female gymnasts. Sport Med Train Rehab 1995;6:223–231.
- Kolt GS, Kirkby RJ (1999) : Epidemiology of injury in elite and subelite female gymnasts: A comparison of retrospective and prospective findings. Br J Sports Med 1999;33:312–316.
- Marshall SW, Covassin T., Dick R., Nassar LG., Agel J., (2007). Descriptive epidemiology of collegiate women's gymnastics injuries; National Collegiate Athletic Association İnjury Surveillance System, 1988-1989 through 2003-2004. J Athl Train 42:234-240
- Saluan P., Styron J., Ackley J.F., Prinzbach A., Billow D.,(2015). Injury Types and Incidence Rates in Precollegiate Female Gymnasts. Investigation performed at Cleveland Clinic Sports Health Center, Garfield Heights, Ohio, USA
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.