The influence of different concentrations of NaCl, Na2SO4, NaHCO3 and Na2CO3 salts on the ability of growth and development of barley seeds (Hordeum vulgaris) and the influence of these concentrations on the dynamics of activity of NADP enzymes formed in plant cells such as glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD, EC 220.127.116.11) anddecarboxylatingmalate dehydrogenase (MDH, EC 18.104.22.168). Solutions of Na salts had a negative effect on the growing ability and development of sprouts and the effectiveness of this effect,being directly dependent from the concentration of saline solution This action was sharply manifested at the first stages of seed germination. At the initial stages of development, the G6PD-enzyme showed great activity and the activity of the MDH-enzyme became higher in comparison with the previous one. The salt factor manifested at lower salt concentrations, led to induction of both enzymes, sproutsdevelopmen and associated compared with the previous one. The effect of salt solutions led to a decrease the activity of G6PD / MDH respectively.
Solutions of Na salts, Barley sprouts, Glucose-6-phosphate Dehydrogenase, Malate Dehydrogenase
- Food and Agriculture Organization, 2008
- Ahmad P., Sharma S. (2009) Salt stress and phyto-biochemical responses of plants. Plant soil Environment, v. 54, pp. 89-99.
- Munns R, Tester M. Mechanisms of salinity tolerance. Ann Rev Plant Biol, 2008, v. 59, pp. 651–681
- Yokoi S., Bressan R., Hasegawa P. (2002) Salt Stress Tolerance of Plants. JIRCAS Working Report, pp. 25-33
- Drincovich M., Casati P., Andreo C. (2001) NADP-malic enzyme from plants: A ubiquitous enzyme involved in different metabolic pathways // FEBS Lett., v.490, p.1–6
- Wedding R. Malic enzyme of higher plants. Characteristics, regulation and physiological function // Plant Physiol., 1989, v. 90, p. 367-371
- Mammadov Z.M. (2008) Physiological functions of malic enzyme in plants // Bulletin of Baku State University, series of natural sciences, № 4, pp. 60-70 (in russian)
- 8.Mirzoyeva B.G., Mammadov Z.M. (2011) Effect of salt stress on the activity of the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase in the root system of barley sprouts. Proced.of Institute of Botany of ANAS, XXXI, pp. 377-380 (in russian)
- 9.Mirzoyeva B.G., Mammadov Z.M. (2012) Effect of salt stress on the activity of the enzyme decarboxylating malate dehydrogenase in the root system of barley sprouts. Scientific Regional Center of ANAS,Ganja, Azerbaijan, pp. 9-12 (in russian)
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.