In this study, basic design concepts related to Gestalt principles were examined. In the first phase of the work, the principles that Gestalt theory developed in the field of visual perception are introduced and the basic design principles are explained by various abstract examples. In the second phase, gestalt principles have been tested with concrete examples of the various existing implementations. As a study area; In Turkey, various examples of religious architectural buildings were selected. These types of structures; Early and classical mosque, medrese and tomb examples. As a result of the analysis of the religious architecture samples taken into consideration; The types of structures are expressed in basic design principles, which are related to guttal theory. After all; The importance of implementing design concepts related to gestalt principles in the construction has been emphasized.
Gestalt Principles, Basic Design Concepts, Religious Structure
- Aslanapa, O., Turkish Art for centuries (14th century), State Books, 1977.
- Aslanapa , O., Turkish Art, Third Edition, Remzi Bookstore, İstanbul, 1993.
- Aydınlı, S., Aesthetic Values in Architecture, First Edition, ITU Faculty of Architecture Printing Studio, İstanbul, 1993.
- Ching, F. D. K., Architecture, Form, Place and Order, Lokk S., Yem Publications, İstanbul, 2002.
- Divanlıoğlu, D. H., Basic Design Elements and Principles, Birsen Yayınevi, İstanbul, 1997.
- Günay, R., Mimar Sinan ve Eserleri, First Edition, Feed Publication, İstanbul, 2002.
- Güngör, İ. H., Basic Design, Second Printing, Afa Printing, İstanbul, 1983.
- Graves, M., The Art of Color and Design, McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc., New York, 1951.
- Gürer, L., Basic Design, First Edition, ITU Printing, İstanbul, 1990.
- Gürer, L. ve Gürer, G., Basic design, Birsen Publishing, İstanbul, 2004.
- Hattstein, M. ve Delius, P., Islam Art and Architecture, Könemann, France, 2000.
- Kuban, D., Concepts of Architecture, First Edition, Feed Publications, İstanbul, 1989.
- Kuban, D., Istanbul Writings on Urban and Architecture, First Edition, Feed Publications, İstanbul, 1998.
- Kuban, D., Sinan's Art and Selimiye, Second Edition, History Foundation Yurt Publications 65, İstanbul, 1993.
- Kuran, A., The First Period Ottoman Architecture Mosque, O.D.T.Ü. Faculty of Architecture Publication No: 1, Ankara, 1964.
- Odabaşı, H. A., Graphic Design, Cem Ofset Printing Industry Co.,İstanbul, 1996.
- Özek, V., Determination of Indicator and Threshold Stage in Architecture, Doctorate Thesis, KT.Ü. Faculty of Architecture and Architecture, Trabzon, 1983.
- Rasmussen, S., E., Living Architecture, First Edition, Remzi Bookstore, 1994.
- Özbay, Y., Development and Learning Psychology, Empathy Publications, 1999.
- Tavşan, C., A Research on a Method for Architectural Form Analysis: Application of Modern Architecture Movements in the Last Period Museum Structures, Doctorate Thesis, Institute of Science and Technology, Trabzon, 2000.
- Ustaömeroğlu, A. A., An Aesthetic Weighted Method Research Using Basic Design Elements and Principles for Architectural Analysis, Ph.D Thesis, Institute of Science and Technology of KTÜ, Trabzon, 1998.
- Uraz, U., Design Thinking Formatting, ITU Faculty of Architecture, Printing Workshop, İstanbul, 1993.
- Ünsal, B., Turkısh İslamıc Archıtecture in Seljuk and Ottoman Times 1071-1923, Alec Tirandi, London, 1959.
- Vitruvius, Ten Books on Architecture, Güven S., Şevki Vanlı Architects Foundation, Second Edition, Aralık, 1993
- Zevi, B., Learning to Learn Mimariyi, Divanlıoğlu D., Birsen Yayınevi, İstanbul, 1990.
- Yetkin, S. K., Art in Islamic Countries, Cem Publishing House, İstanbul, 1974.
- http://www.bursa.gov.tr/ Bursa. 11-09-2005
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.