- Abdel hamid MA (2011) Assessment of Typhoid Fever Awareness Among Population in Rural Areas at Kalyobia Governorate” (Unpublished master thesis); Benha University, Kalyobia, Egypt.
- Bas M, Ersun AS, Bas GK (2006) The evaluation of food hygiene knowledge, attitudes, and practices of food handlers in food businesses in Turkey. Food Control; (17): 317–322
- Buckle GC, Walker CL, Black RE (2012) Typhoid fever and paratyphoid fever: systematic review to estimate global morbidity and mortality for 2010. J Glob. Health; 2: 010401
- CAPMAS, 2006 Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics
- Chapman B, Eversley T, Fillion K, Maclaurin T, Powel D (2010) Assessment of food safety practices of food service food handlers (risk assessment data): testing a communication intervention (evaluation of tools).J Food Prot.; Jun,73 (6):1101-7
- Claire J, Darton TC, Pollard AJ (2014) Why the development of effective typhoid fever control measures requires the use of human challenge studies. Front Microbiol;5:707
- Crump JA, Luby SP, Mintz ED (2004) The global burden of typhoid fever. Bull. World Health Organ.; 82; 346-353
- Crump JA, Mintz ED, Hughes JM, Wilson ME (2010) Global Trends in Typhoid and Paratyphoid Fever Clin. Infec.Dis.; 50 (2):241-246
- Dozie IN, Amadi AN, Nwankwo BO, Ukaga CN, Aquwa OC, Abanobi OC, Nwoke EA, Chukwuocha UM (2009) The knowledge, attitude and practices of food handlers in food sanitation in a metropolis in south eastern Nigeria. East Afr J. Public Health ;Dec., 6 (3):240-3
- FAO and WHO (2009) Codex Alimentarius General Principles of Food Hygiene, basic texts fourth edition; available online at: http://www.fao.org/docrep/012/a1552e/a1552e00.pdf
- Hatta M, Bakker MBS, Abdoel TH, Smits HL (2009) Risk factors for clinical typhoid fever in villages in rural south-Sulawesi, Indonesia. Int. j. Trop. Med.; 4 (3); 91-99
- Human Development Report, Egypt Human Development report 2008; available online at:http://hdr.undp.org/sites/default/files/2008_egypt_nhdr_en.pdf (last access February, 2015)
- Human Development Report, Work for Human Development", Countries profile 2015; available online at: http://hdr.undp.org/en/countries/profiles/EGY (last access February, 2015)
- Khan SJ, Anjum Q, Khan NU, Nabi FG (2005) Awareness about Common Diseases in selected Female College Students of Karachi. JPMA; 55: 195
- Malisa A, and Nyaki H (2010) Prevalence and constraints of typhoid fever and its control in an endemic area of Sing Ida region in Tanzania: Lessons for effective control of the disease. J. Public Health Epidemiol; 2 (5): 93-99
- Melki IS, Beydoun HA, Khogali M, Tamim H, Yunis KA (2004) Household crowding index: a correlate of socioeconomic status and inter-pregnancy spacing in an urban setting. J Epidemiol Community Health; 58:476-480 doi:10.1136/jech.2003.012690.
- Mulgeta K, and Bayeh A (2012) The sanitary conditions of food service establishments and food safety knowledge and practices of food handlers in Bahir Dar Town. Ethiop J.Health Sci.; 22(1):27-35
- Naqqash MN, Saeed O, Saeed S, Jaleel W, Zaka SM, Faheem M, Bakhtawar M, Rehman S (2014) A Cross Sectional Survey of Community Awareness about Typhoid and its Major Vector Cockroach in Southern Punjab, Pakistan. Middle-East J. Sci. Res.; 21 (4): 602-608
- National Bulletin for Communicable Diseases, General administration of Communicable disease control, Central administration of Preventive sector, Ministry of health, Egypt 2011.
- Ochiai RL, Acosta CJ, Danovaro HMC, Baiging D, Bhattacharya SK, Agtini MD, Bhutta ZA, Canh GD, Ali M, Shin S, Wain J, Page AL, Albert AJ, Farrar J, Elyazeed R, Pang T, Galindo CM, Seidlein L, Clemens JD, The Domi Typhoid Study Group (2008) A study of typhoid fever in five Asian countries: disease burden and implications for controls. Bulletin of the World Health Organization; 86; (4):241-320
- Passmor M (2011) Water Borne Diseases: A Cry of a Trapped Community. Community and Regional Planning Program”: Student Projects and Theses (master degree) 2011; University of Nebraska-Lincoln; Available online on http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1008&context=arch_crp_theses last access August, 2015
- Polonsky JA, Pino MI, Nackers F, Chonzi P, Manangazira P, VanHerp M, Maes P, Porten K, Luquero FJ (2014) Descriptive Epidemiology of Typhoid Fever during an Epidemic in Harare, Zimbabwe”, PLOS one; 9 (12): e114702.
- Srikantiah P, Girgid FY, Luby SP, Jennings G, Wasfy MO, Crump JA, Hoekstra RM, Anwer M, Mahoney FJ (2006) Population-based surveillance of typhoid fever in Egypt. Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg.; 74(1); 114–119.
- United Nation, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Goal 6 Ensure access to water and sanitation for all, Available online at: http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/water-and-sanitation/Last access 18 September, 2016
- Vollard AM, Ali S, Asten HA, Widjaja S, Visser LG, Surjadi C, Van Dissel JT (2004) Risk factors for Typhoid and paratyphoid in Jakarta, Indonesia. JAMA; 291(21): 2607-2615
- WHO, 2006 Department of Food Safety, Zoonosis and Foodborne Diseases. Five Keys for Safer Food Manual WHO, 2015 the five safety keys (from farm to table). 10 facts on food safety http://www.who.int/features/factfiles/food_safety/en/ (last access February, 2015)
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.