Author(s): Anselm Chukwumah Umunnakwe, Gertrude Chinwendu Umunnakwe, Magnus C. Unegbu, Francisca Mbagwu, Paul O. Nwakwuo
The study focused on influence of in-house communication patterns on job satisfaction of library staff. The descriptive survey research design was used for the study. The study covered the entire population of 73 library staff. The questionnaire was used as an instrument for data collection. The finding shows that memo has no influence on job satisfaction of library staff. That newsletter and intercom have influence on job satisfaction of library staff. The study recommends that memo as an in-house communication pattern need to be reengineered for job satisfaction of library staff while further study is necessary to establish the reason/s behind low performance of memo as an in-house communication pattern.
Influence, Communication Patterns, Job Satisfaction, Library Staff, Nigeria
- Adair, H. (2010). Organizational communication. Retrieved on 16th May, 2017, from http//www.googlesearch/organizational communication.
- Aderson, C. (2014). Communicative production in organizational setting. London: Whitehall Inc.
- Agarwal V. (2014). Flow of communication in business organisations. Education, LinkedIn Learning. Retrieved on 06th October 2017 from https://www.slideshare.net/vibhoragarwal9693/flow-of-communication?next_slideshow=1.
- Angel, G. (2013). Becoming security conscious in organization for effective communication in organization. New Heaven: Yale University Press.
- Archard, L. (2014). Bulleting: a pamphlet-type communication. Retrieved on 16th May, 2017, from http//www.businessdictionary.com/definition/bulletin.html//.
- Bear, J. H. (2017). What’s the difference between a Newsletter and a Magazine. ThoughtCo. Retrieved on 09th September, 2017 from https://www.thoughtco.com/difference-between-newsletter-and-magazine-1078628
- Bolinder, U. (2011). Intercommunication device system. Retrieved on 16th May, 2017, from http//www.intercomsystem/organization/communication/ht.com
- Himmicks, A.S. (2010). Staffing organizations. London: Forename.
- Hornby, A.S. (2006). Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary 7th ed. Oxford: University press.
- Max, W. (1997). Theory of social and economic organization. Retrieved on 11th May, 2017, from http//www.mama.com.
- Meyer, C. (2013). Improving communication with new intelligent intercom systems. Security. Retrieved on 9th October, 2017 from https://www.securitymagazine.com/articles/83985-improving-communication-with-new-intelligent-intercom-systems
- Murphy, J. (2014). Why your company needs a quarterly newsletter to engage employees. Hudson, Ohio, USA. MurphyAgency. Retrieved on 09th September, 2017 from http://themurphyagency.com/why-your-company-needs-a-quarterly-newsletter/
- Newman, J. M. (2013). Introduction to memo writing. Retrieved on 16th August, 2017 from http//owl.engslish.mdue.edu/handouts/prolp-memo.html.
- Pearsall, T. E., Cook, K. C. (2009). The Elements of Technical Writing 3rd Edition. London, Longman Publishing Group.
- Sharma, R. C. and Mohan, K. (2002). Business correspondence and report writing: A practical approach to business and technical communication. India, Tata McGraw-Hill
- Thoms, R. (2012). Communication in organization. The Journal of Applied Communications Research. 38(4), 78-86.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.