Author(s): Linlin Wang, Ling Li, Li Yingying, Wang Yu
To investigate the effect of human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) on proliferation and migration of glioma cells and the role of BST-2 in this process. U251 cells were infected by HCMV and the effect of HCMV infection on U251 migration were examined by wound healing assay. The effect of HCMV infection on the expression of BST-2 protein was detected by Western blot. The influence on cell proliferation and migration after down-regulation of BST-2 in HCMV infected U251 cells were detected by CCK-8, cell wound healing assay method. Results reveals that HCMV infection can promote the migration of U251 cells and increase the expression of BST-2. Silencing BST-2 can inhibit the proliferation and migration induced by HCMV infection. These results confirm that HCMV infection can promote the proliferation and migration of U251 glioma cells, and BST-2 participates in the proliferation and migration of malignant glioma cells caused by HCMV infection.
Glioma, BST-2, HCMV
- Cobbs CS, Harkins L, Samanta M,et al．Human cytomegalovirus infection and expression in human malignant glioma[J]. Cancer Res 2002, 62（12）:3347-3350.
- Mitchell DA, Xie W, Schmittling R,et al．Sensitive detection of human cytomegalovirus in tumors and peripheral blood of patients diagnosed with glioblastoma[J]. Neuro Oncol 2008, 10（1）:10-18.
- Scheurer ME, Bondy ML, Aldape KD,et al．Detection of human cytomegalovirus in different histological types of gliomas[J]. Acta Neuropathol 2008, 116（1）:79-86.
- Wang X, Hu M, Xing F,et al．Human cytomegalovirus infection promotes the stemness of U251 glioma cells[J]. J Med Virol 2016, 89:878-886.
- Kupzig S, Korolchuk V, Rollason R,et al．Bst-2/HM1.24 is a raft-associated apical membrane protein with an unusual topology[J]. Traffic 2003, 4（10）:694-709.
- Mahauad-Fernandez WD, DeMali KA, Olivier AK,et al.Bone marrow stromal antigen 2 expressed in cancer cells promotes mammary tumor growth and metastasis[J]. Breast Cancer Res 2014, 16（6）:493.
- Fang KH, Kao HK, Chi LM,et al. Overexpression of BST2 is associated with nodal metastasis and poorer prognosis in oral cavity cancer[J]. Laryngoscope 2014, 124（9）:E354-360.
- Wang W, Nishioka Y, Ozaki S,et al. HM1.24 (CD317) is a novel target against lung cancer for immunotherapy using anti-HM1.24 antibody[J]. Cancer Immunol Immunother 2009, 58（6）:967-976.
- Mahauad-Fernandez WD, Borcherding NC, Zhang W,et al.Bone marrow stromal antigen 2 (BST-2) DNA is demethylated in breast tumors and breast cancer cells[J]. PLoS One 2015, 10（4）:e0123931.
- Milutin Gasperov N, Farkas SA, Nilsson TK,et al.Epigenetic activation of immune genes in cervical cancer[J]. Immunol Lett 2014, 162（2PtB）:256-257.
- Yokoyama T, Enomoto T, Serada S,et al.Plasma membrane proteomics identifies bone marrow stromal antigen 2 as a potential therapeutic target in endometrial cancer[J]. Int J Cancer 2013, 132（2）:472-484.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.