Author(s): Wang Zhongxiang, Wang Mi, Wang Qian, Sun Xiangrong, Xu Luo
Download Full PDF
Read Complete Article
Volume 7 - Apr 2018
Objective: To study the effect of lateral hypothalamic area on feeding and its specific mechanism. Methods: Intraventricular catheterization was used in rats,GLP-1 receptor agonist Ex4 or GLP-1 receptor antagonist Ex9 were injected into the lateral hypothalamic area (LHA) of rats, and the effects of food intake, water intake, body weight, kaolin intake and high-carbonhydrate diet were observed. Results: Immunohistochemical experiments showed the presence of GLP-1 receptor LHA in rats; When GLP-1 receptor was excited, the 1h and 24 h food intake of rats decreased, and the body weight decreased , and there was no significant change in the kaolin intake in rats; When GLP-1 receptor was blocked, there was no significant change in 24h food intake but weight gain in rats; When GLP-1 receptor was excited, high-carbonhydrate diet significantly reduced but there was no significant change in water intake; When GLP-1 receptor was blocked, high-carbonhydrate diet significantly increased but there was no significant change in water intake. Conclusion: GLP-1 receptor can be involved in the regulation of feeding behavior, and the signal may be related to the hedonicproperties of food.
Food intake, GLP-1, LHA
- Cork SC, Richards JE, Holt MK, et al. Distribution and characterisation of Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor expressing cells in the mouse brain[J]. MolMetab, 2015, 4(10):718-731
- Skibicka KP. The central GLP-1: implications for food and drug reward[J].Front Neurosci, 2013, 7: 181-189
- Barrera JG, Jones KR, Herman JP, et al. Hyperphagia and increased fat accumulation in two models of chronicCNS glucagon-like peptide-1 loss of function[J]. J Neurosci,2011, 31: 3904–3913
- Rinaman L. Ascending projections from the caudal visceral nucleus of the solitary tract to brain regions involved in food intake and energyexpenditure[J]. Brain Res,2010, 1350: 18–34
- Liu J, Conde K, Zhang P, et al. Enhanced AMPA Receptor Trafficking Mediates the Anorexigenic Effect of Endogenous Glucagon-like Peptide-1 in the Paraventricular Hypothalamus[J].Neuron, 2017, 96(4):897-909
- Alhadeff AL, Rupprecht LE, Hayes MR. GLP-1 neurons in the nucleusof the solitary tract project directly to the ventral tegmental area andnucleus accumbens to control for food intake[J]. Endocrinology, 2012, 153: 647–658
- Matsuo R, Kobashi M, Mitoh Y, et al. Role of the lateral hypothalamus in submandibular salivary secretion during feeding in rats. [J]. Brain Res, 2015, 1596: 99-107
- Talakoub O, Paiva RR, Milosevic M, et al.Lateral hypothalamic activity indicates hunger and satiety states in humans[J].Ann ClinTranslNeurol, 2017, 4(12):897-901
- Risold PY, Swanson LW. Connections of the rat lateral septal complex[J].Brain Res Brain Res Rev, 2017, 24: 115–195
- Merchenthaler I, Lane M, Shughrue P. Distribution of pre-pro-glucagon andglucagon-like peptide-1 receptor messenger RNAs in the rat central nervous system[J]. J Comp Neurol, 1999, 403: 261–280
- Luo AH, Tahsili-Fahadan P, Wise a R, et al.Linking context with reward: a functional circuit from hippocampal CA3to ventral tegmental area[J]. Science, 2011, 333: 353–357
- Iepsen EW, Torekov SS, Holst JJ. Liraglutide for type 2 diabetes and obesity: a2015 update[J]. Expert Rev CardiovascTher, 2015, 13: 753–767
- Hayes MR. Neuronal and intracellular signaling pathways mediating GLP-1 energybalance and glycemic effects[J]. PhysiolBehav, 2012, 106: 413–416
- Skibicka KP. The central GLP-1: implications for food and drug reward[J]. FrontNeurosci,2013, 7: 181
- Finan B, Yang B, Ottaway N, et al. Targetedestrogen delivery reverses the metabolic syndrome[J]. Nat Med, 2012, 18: 1847–1856
- SöderpalmAH,Berridge KC. The hedonic impact and intake of foodare increased by midazolam microinjection in the parabrachialnucleus[J]. Brain Res, 2000, 877(2): 288–297
- Göke R, Larsen PJ, Mikkelsen JD, Sheikh SP. Distribution of GLP-1binding sites in the rat brain: Evidence that exendin-4 is a ligand of brainGLP-1 binding sites[J]. Eur J Neurosci, 1995, 7: 2294–2300
- Kanoski SE, Rupprecht LE, Fortin SM, et al. The role of nausea in food intake and body weight suppression byperipheral GLP-1 receptor agonists, exendin-4 and liraglutide[J]. Neuropharmacology, 2012, 62: 1916–1927
- Alhadeff AL, Baird JP, Swick JC, et al. Glucagon-likepeptide-1 receptor signaling in the lateral parabrachial nucleus contributesto the control of food intake and motivation to feed[J]. Neuropsychopharmacology, 2014, 39: 2233–2243
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.