Author(s): Yin Xue-ping, Guo Fei-fei, Sun Xiangrong, Xu Luo
Download Full PDF
Read Complete Article
Volume 7 - Apr 2018
Objective: To observe the myo-inositol on normal and diabetic rats muscle and intestinal glucose uptake. Methods: The rat jejunum was placed in Kb with containing 2.5% -20% myo-inositol and the glucose concentration was detected at 0 and 2 h. The psoas muscle was placed in Kb containing 2.5% -20% myo-inositol Kb (with or without insulin) the glucose concentration was detected at 0 and 1 h. Rats were divided into blank control group, normal muscle myo-inositol group, blank control group of diabetic rats, myo-inositol group of diabetic rats and acarbose group of diabetic rats (DBA) The intestinal propulsion rate and intestinal absorption of glucose in each group were detected. Results: In vitro studies found that myo-inositol can dose-dependently stimulate the absorption of glucose in the jejunum and promote the uptake of glucose by the psoas muscle in a dose-dependent manner. Myo-inositol can delay gastric emptying in diabetic rats, inhibit intestinal absorption of glucose, reduce postprandial blood glucose in diabetic rats and promote the rate of intestinal propulsion in diabetic rats. Conclusion: Myo-inositol can inhibit the intestinal absorption of glucose in glucose rats and promote the glucose uptake in muscle of normal rats and diabetic rats.
Inositol, Diabetes, Glucose Metabolic
- Kanamori H1, Takemura G, Goto K, et al. Autophagic adaptations in diabetic cardiomyopathy differ between type 1 and type 2 diabetes[J]. Autophagy. 2015, 11(7):1146-1160
- Wu L, Piotrowski K, Rau T, et al. Walnut-enriched diet reduces fasting non-HDL-cholesterol and apolipoprotein B in healthy Caucasian subjects: a randomized controlled cross-over clinical trial[J]. Metabolism. 2014, 63(3):382-391
- Azad MB, Abou-Setta AM, Chauhan BF, et al. Nonnutritive sweeteners and cardiometabolic health: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials and prospective cohort studies[J]. CMAJ. 2017, 189(28):E929-E939
- Duliński R, Stodolak B, Byczyński Ł, et al. Solid-State Fermentation Reduces Phytic Acid Level, Improves the Profile of Myo-Inositol Phosphates and Enhances the Availability of Selected Minerals in Flaxseed Oil Cake[J]. Food Technol Biotechnol. 2017, 55(3):413-419
- Facchinetti F, Bizzarri M, Benvenga S, et al. Results from the international consensus conference on myo-inositol and D-chiro-inositol in obstetrics and gynecology: the link between metabolic syndrome and PCOS[J]. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2015, 195:72-76
- Dang NT, Mukai R, Yoshida K, et al. D-pinitol and myo-inositol stimulate translocation of glucose transporter 4 in skeletal muscle of C57BL/6 mice[J]. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74(5):1062-1067
- Islam MS, Sakaguchi E. Sorbitol-based osmotic diarrhea: possible causes and mechanism of prevention investigated in rats[J]. World J Gastroenterol. 2006, 12(47):7635-7641
- Cuthbert CE, Foster JE, Ramdath DD. A maternal high-fat, high-sucrose diet alters insulin sensitivity and expression of insulin signalling and lipid metabolism genes and proteins in male rat offspring: effect of folic acid supplementation[J]. Br J Nutr. 2017, 118(8):580-588.
- Röhe I, Boroojeni FG, Zentek J. Effect of feeding soybean meal and differently processed peas on intestinal morphology and functional glucose transport in the small intestine of broilers[[J]. Poult Sci. 2017, 96(11):4075-4084
- Wölnerhanssen BK, Cajacob L, Keller N, et al. Gut hormone secretion, gastric emptying, and glycemic responses to erythritol and xylitol in lean and obese subjects[J]. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2016, 310(11):E1053-E1061
- Fukuhara S, Masaoka T, Nishimura S, et al. Enteric Glial Dysfunction Evoked by Apolipoprotein E Deficiency Contributes to Delayed Gastric Emptying[J]. Dig Dis Sci. 2017, 62(12):3359-3369
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.