Author(s): Xue Ruimei, Wang Mi, Leng Hui, Sun Xiangrong, Xu Luo
Objective: Aim to discuss the effects of intracerebroventricular injection of nesfatin-1 on the feeding of normal rats and obese rats to clarify the mechanism of feeding regulation. Methods: Using the BioDAQ feeding monitoring system to monitor 24h food intake, bout size, meal size, bout frequency, meal frequency, meal interval and meal duration of rats. Results: Intracerebroventricular injection of nesfatin-1 reduced the amount of 24h food intake in normal rats, food intake at fifth hour significantly reduced; After intracerebroventricular injection of nesfatin-1 in normal rats, meal size, meal duration and the percentage of time spent eating significantly reduced, meal interval and meal frequency did not change significantly, satiety ratio significantly increased; Intracerebroventricular injection of nesfatin-1 reduced the amount of 20h food intake in obese rats, food intake at third hour significantly reduced; Intracerebroventricular injection of nesfatin-1 significantly reduced bout frequency, meal frequency and eating rate in obese rats, with a significant increase in meal interval and satiety ratio. Conclusion: Nesfatin-1 can inhibit the feeding of normal rats and obese rats. The normal rats showed increased satiation, the obese rats showed increased satiety, and the nesfatin-1 can regulate the feeding of normal rats and obese rats via different pathway.
Food intake, Nesfatin-1, Obesity
- Oh-IS, Shimizu H, Satoh T, et al. Identification of nesfatin-1 as a satiety molecule in the hypothalamus[J]. Nature, 2006, 443: 709–712
- Ayada C, Toru Ü, Korkut Y. Nesfatin-1 and its effects on different systems[J]. Hippokratia, 2015, 19(1): 4-10
- Chen X, Dong J, Jiang ZY. Nesfatin-1 influences the excitability of Glucosesing neurons in the hypothalamic nuclei and inhibits the food intake[J]. Regul Pept, 2012, 177: 21–26
- Könczöl K, Pintér O, Ferenczi S, et al. Nesfatin-1 exerts long-term effect on food intake and body temperature[J]. Int J Obes (Lond), 2013, 36(12): 1514-1521
- Xia ZF, Fritze DM, Li JY, et al. Nesfatin-1 inhibits gastric acid secretion via a central vagal mechanism in rats[J]. Am J Physiol Gastrointest LiverPhysiol, 2012, 303: G570–G577
- Dong J, Guan HZ, Jiang ZY, et al. Nesfatin-1 influences the excitability of glucosensing neurons in the dorsal vagal complex and inhibits food intake[J]. PLoS One, 2014, 9(6): e98967
- Kentish SJ, Li H, Frisby CL, et al. Nesfatin-1 modulates murine gastric vagal afferent mechanosensitivity in a nutritional state dependent manner[J]. Peptides, 2017, 89: 35-41
- Chen X, Shu X, Cong ZK, et al. Nesfatin-1 acts on the dopaminergic reward pathway to inhibit food intake[J]. Neuropeptides, 2015, 53: 45-50
- Kaba S, Karaman K, Kömüroğlu U, et al. Role of circulating nesfatin-1 in the underweight children with poor appetite[J]. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci, 2015, 19(24): 4703-4706
- Kerbel B, Unniappan S. Nesfatin-1 suppresses energy intake co-local is ghrelin in the brain and gut, and alters ghrelin, cholecystokinin and orexin mRNA expression in goldfish[J]. J Neuroendocrinol, 2012, 24:366–377
- Akiyama Y, Yoshimura M, Nishimura K, et al. Activation of central nesfatin-1/NucB2 after intraperitoneally administered cisplatin in rats[J]. Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 2017, 490(3): 794-799
- Stengel A, Goebel-Stengel M, Wang L, et al. Nesfatin-1(30-59) but not the N- and C-terminal fragments, nesfatin-1(1-29) and nesfatin-1(60-82) injected intracerebroventricularly decreases dark phase food intake by increasing inter-meal intervals in mice[J]. Peptides, 2012, 35: 143–148
- Ünal K, Yüksel RN, Turhan T, et al. The association of serum nesfatin-1 and ghrelin levels with metabolic syndrome in patients with schizophrenia[J]. Psychiatry Res, 2017, 261: 45-49
- Stengel A, Mori M, Taché Y. The role of nesfatin-1 in the regulation of food intake and body weight: recent developments and future endeavors[J]. Obes Rev, 2013, 14: 859–870
- AlMassadi O, Lear PV, Müller TD, et al. Review of novel aspects of the regulation of ghrelin secretion[J]. Curr Drug Metab, 2014, 15: 398–413
- Crujeiras AB, Carreira MC, Cabia B, et al. Leptin resistance in obesity: anepigeneticl and scape[J]. LifeSci, 2015, 140: 57–63
- Weibert E, Stengel A. The X/A-like cell revisited - spotlight on the peripheral effects of NUCB2/nesfatin-1 and ghrelin[J]. J Physiol Pharmacol, 2017, 68(4): 497-520
- Hellström PM. Satiety signals and obesity[J]. Curr Opin Gastroenterol, 2013, 29: 222–227
- Scharner S, Prinz P, Goebel-Stengel M. Activity-based anorexia activates nesfatin-1 immunoreactive neurons in distinct brain nuclei of female rats[J]. Brain Res, 2017, 1677: 33-46
- Haghshenas R, Jafari M, Ravasi A, et al. The effect of eight weeks enduran cetraining and high-fat diet on appetite-regulating hormones in rat plasma[J]. Iran J Basic Med Sci, 2014, 17: 237–243
- Mohan H, Ramesh N, Mortazavi S, et al. Nutrients differentially regulate nucleobindin-2/nesfatin-1 in vitro in cultured stomach ghrelinoma (MGN3-1) cells and in vivo in male mice[J]. PLoS One, 2014, 9(12): e115102
- Nguyen LT, Saad S, Tan Y, et al. Maternal high-fat diet induces metabolic stress response disorders in offspring hypothalamus[J]. J Mol Endocrinol, 2017, 59(1): 81-92
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.