Objective: Exploring the expression of cell-free RNA in urine of normal patients and lung cancer patients, analyze its clinical value in the dignosis of lung cancer. Methods: The urine samples were collected from lung cancer patients and healthy people. Extracted the total cf-RNA from all samples. The contents of total cf-RNA in two groups were detected, and the expressions of LUNX mRNA in two groups were measured by quantitative real-time PCR. Receiver-operating characteristics (ROC) curve was established to evaluate the diagnostic value of urine cf-RNA for the differentiation between lung cancer patients and the control group. Results: Compare to the normal group (50.50±4.527ng), the urinary cf-RNA content in patients (133.8±8.615ng) was significantly increased, p<0.05. The expression of urinary lunx mRNA level from patients was raised, p<0.05. ROC curve analysis showed that, in the diagnosis, AUC value of lunx mRNA was 0.83(95% CI, 0.747-0.906), p<0.05. Conclusion: The expression of urine cf-RNA and Lunx mRNA was elevated, and can be used as a potential molecular diagnostic tool for lung cancer.
Urine, Lung Cancer, cf-RNA, Diagnosis
- Xu-Welliver M, Carbone D P. Blood-based biomarkers in lung cancer: prognosis and treatment decisions[J]. Translational lung cancer research, 2017, 6(6): 708.
- Chen Y Q, Li D M, Cai Y Y, et al. The expression of survivin messenger RNA in sputum and cancerous tissue in human lung cancer [J]. CHINESE JOURNAL OF TUBERCULOSIS AND RESPIRATORY DISEASES, 2005, 28(4):225-229.
- Jing J, Gao Y H. Urine as a Source of Novel Biomarkers [J]. Progress in Biochemistry and Biophysics, 2016, 43(11): 1019-1028.
- Zhao A, Péoc'h M, Cottier M, et al. Cell‐free RNA content in urine as a possible molecular diagnostic tool for clear cell renal cell carcinoma[J]. International journal of cancer, 2015, 136(11): 2610-2615.
- Zhang F, Cheng X, Yuan Y, et al. Urinary microRNA can be concentrated, dried on membranes and stored at room temperature in vacuum bags[J]. PeerJ, 2015, 3: e1082.
- Zhao W J, Zhou H X, Wang S J et al. The clinical significance of Lunx mRNA detection in plasma and peripheral mononuclear cells in patients with lung cancer [J]. LABORATORY MEDICINE, 2012, 27(8):631-634.
- Kapellos G, Polonifi K, Farmakis D, et al. Overexpression of survivin levels in circulation and tissue samples of lung cancer patients[J]. Anticancer research, 2013, 33(8): 3475-3480.
- Zhao W, Zhao J J, Zhang L, et al. Serum miR-21 level: a potential diagnostic and prognostic biomarker for non-small cell lung cancer[J]. International journal of clinical and experimental medicine, 2015, 8(9): 14759.
- Kao H W, Pan C Y, Lai C H, et al. Urine miR-21-5p as a potential non-invasive biomarker for gastric cancer[J]. Oncotarget, 2017, 8(34): 56389.
- Wang C,Li Y,Fang X D. Research progress on liquid biopsy in oncology and its clinical applications. Hereditas(Beijing), 2017, 39(3): 220-231.
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.