Author(s): Jianzhao Deng, Xuan Yang, Bei Zhang
The MS4A (membrane-spanning 4-domain family, subfamily A) family of proteins contains some members, including MS4A1, MS4A2 and MS4A3 and so on. Many MS4A family members are expressed on the cell surface of specific leukocyte subsets. And they have key roles in regulating cell activation, growth and development. However, the biological roles of many MS4A proteins is not particularly clear, such as MS4a6D. Here, we found that MS4a6D are expressed on the cell surface of Macrophages and DCs. In MHV3-infected MS4a6D-/- mice, macrophages decreased, in which the pro-inflammatory subsets decreased than their wild-type (WT) littermates. And the deletion of MS4a6D is associated with less severe damage and less viral replication in the liver. In conclusion, our results suggest that MS4a6D signaling can aggravate the immunopathological damage induced by MHV-3 infection in a mouse FH model. Our results suggest that inhibition of MS4a6D signaling pathways by an immunotherapeutic approach might be a useful treatment for FH.
MHV3, MS4a6D, FH
- Sarin, S.K., et al., Acute-on-chronic liver failure: consensus recommendations of the Asian Pacific Association for the study of the liver (APASL). Hepatology International, 2009. 3(1): p. 269.
- Rosen, H.R. and P. Martin, Viral hepatitis in the liver transplant recipient. Infect Dis Clin North Am, 2000. 14(3): p. 761-784.
- Chen, Y., et al., Programmed death (PD)-1-deficient mice are extremely sensitive to murine hepatitis virus strain-3 (MHV-3) infection. Plos Pathogens, 2011. 7(7): p. e1001347.
- Pope, M., et al., Pattern of disease after murine hepatitis virus strain 3 infection correlates with macrophage activation and not viral replication. Journal of Virology, 1995. 69(9): p. 5252-60.
- Levy, G.A., J.L. Leibowitz, and T.S. Edgington, Induction of monocyte procoagulant activity by murine hepatitis virus type 3 parallels disease susceptibility in mice. Journal of Experimental Medicine, 1981. 154(4): p. 1150-1163.
- Lucchiari, M.A., et al., Acquired immunity of A/J mice to mouse hepatitis virus 3 infection: dependence on interferon-gamma synthesis and macrophage sensitivity to interferon-gamma. Journal of General Virology, 1991. 72 ( Pt 6)(72 ( Pt 6)): p. 1317.
- Guo, S., et al., The NLRP3 Inflammasome and IL-1β Accelerate Immunologically Mediated Pathology in Experimental Viral Fulminant Hepatitis. Plos Pathogens, 2015. 11(9): p. e1005155.
- Kinet, J.P., et al., Isolation and characterization of cDNAs coding for the beta subunit of the high-affinity receptor for immunoglobulin E. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 1988. 85(17): p. 6483-6487.
- Tedder, T.F., et al., Isolation and Structure of a cDNA Encoding the B1 (CD20) Cell-Surface Antigen of Human B Lymphocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 1988. 85(1): p. 208-212.
- Adra, C.N., et al., Cloning of the cDNA for a Hematopoietic Cell-Specific Protein Related to CD20 and the β Subunit of the High-Affinity IgE Receptor: Evidence for a Family of Proteins with Four Membrane-Spanning Regions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 1994. 91(21): p. 10178-10182.
- Hulett, M.D., E. Pagler, and J.R. Hornby, Cloning and characterization of a mouse homologue of the human haematopoietic cell‐specific four‐transmembrane gene HTm4. Immunology & Cell Biology, 2001. 79(4): p. 345-9.
- Ishibashi, K., et al., Identification of a new multigene four-transmembrane family (MS4A) related to CD20, HTm4 and β subunit of the high-affinity IgE receptor. Gene, 2001. 264(1): p. 87-93.
- Liang, Y. and T.F. Tedder, Identification of a CD20-, FcepsilonRIbeta-, and HTm4-related gene family: sixteen new MS4A family members expressed in human and mouse. Genomics, 2001. 72(2): p. 119-127.
- Polyak, M.J., S.H. Tailor, and J.P. Deans, Identification of a cytoplasmic region of CD20 required for its redistribution to a detergent-insoluble membrane compartment. Journal of Immunology, 1998. 161(7): p. 3242-3248.
- Tedder, T.F., et al., Structure of the gene encoding the human B lymphocyte differentiation antigen CD20 (B1). Journal of Immunology, 1989. 142(7): p. 2560.
- Beers, S.A., et al., CD20 as a Target for Therapeutic Type I and II Monoclonal Antibodies. Seminars in Hematology, 2010. 47(2): p. 107-114.
- Zloh, M., D. Esposito, and W.A. Gibbons, Spectroscopy-Based Modelling of the 3D Structure of the β Subunit of the High Affinity IgE Receptor. Molecular Simulation, 2000. 24(4-6): p. 421-447.
- Li, E.K., et al., The MS4A family: counting past 1, 2 and 3. Immunology & Cell Biology, 2016. 94(1).
- Koslowski, M., et al., MS4A12 is a colon-selective store-operated calcium channel promoting malignant cell processes. Cancer Research, 2008. 68(9): p. 3458-3466.
- Bubien, J.K., et al., Transfection of the CD20 cell surface molecule into ectopic cell types generates a Ca2+ conductance found constitutively in B lymphocytes. Journal of Cell Biology, 1993. 121(5): p. 1121-1132.
- Xu, H., et al., MS4a4B, a CD20 homologue in T cells, inhibits T cell propagation by modulation of cell cycle. Plos One, 2010. 5(11): p. e13780.
- Michel, J., et al., Identification of the novel differentiation marker MS4A8B and its murine homolog MS4A8A in colonic epithelial cells lost during neoplastic transformation in human colon. Cell Death & Disease, 2013. 4(1): p. e469.
- Greer, P., et al., A Family of non-GPCR Chemosensors Defines an Alternative Logic for Mammalian Olfaction. Cell, 2016. 165(7): p. 1734-1748.
- Hasan, M., et al., Novel genes in brain tissues of EAE-induced normal and obese mice: Upregulation of metal ion-binding protein genes in obese-EAE mice. Neuroscience, 2016. 343: p. 322.
- Klevens, R.M., et al., Estimating acute viral hepatitis infections from nationally reported cases. American Journal of Public Health, 2014. 104(3): p. 482-7.
- Lavanchy, D., The global burden of hepatitis C. Liver International, 2010. 29(s1): p. 74-81.
- Klevens, R.M., et al., The Evolving Epidemiology of Hepatitis A in the United States: Incidence and Molecular Epidemiology From Population-Based Surveillance, 2005-2007. Archives of Internal Medicine, 2010. 170(20): p. 1811.
- Zuccolo, J., et al., Phylogenetic Analysis of the MS4A and TMEM176 Gene Families. Plos One, 2010. 5(2): p. e9369.
- Brown, K., J. Turton, and K. Morgan, Membrane-Spanning 4-Domains Subfamily A, MS4A Cluster. 2013.
- Bangur, C.S., et al., Identification and characterization of L985P, a CD20 related family member over-expressed in small cell lung carcinoma. International Journal of Oncology, 2004. 25(6): p. 1583-1590.
- Glennie, M.J., et al., Mechanisms of killing by anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodies. Molecular Immunology, 2007. 44(16): p. 3823-3837.
- Lin, S., et al., The FcεRIβ Subunit Functions as an Amplifier of FcεRIγ-Mediated Cell Activation Signals. Cell, 1996. 85(7): p. 985-995.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.