Author(s): Zhe Sun, Xianfei Yan, Xiaolu Fang, Hong Yu
Download Full PDF
Read Complete Article
Volume 8 - Mar 2019
To confirm the difference on side effect and survival between Weekly cisplatin and Triweekly cisplatin combined radiotherapy for cervical cancer treatment. Method The searching strategy was developed in EMBASE, MEDLINE and Cochrane library from their earliest publication dates to May 2018. 8 studies were seclected to ompare weekly cisplatin and triweekly cisplatin combined radiotherapy. Results Of the 1134 research literatures, 8 were eligible for inclusion and included in the analysis. Our meta-analysis proved that there were no obvious difference on leukopenia (OR, 0.14;95% CI, 0.04-0.49, p=0.07), Gastrointestinal toxicity (OR, 1.17;95% CI, 0.46-2.97, p=0.91), and 5-Y OS (OR, 0.93, 95% CI, 0.74-1.17, P= 0.54) between Weekly cisplatin and Triweekly cisplatin combined radiotherapy, but Weekly cisplatin has the tendency to reduce the leukopenia happen. Conclusion Weekly cisplatin and Triweekly cisplatin combined radiotherapy have their own advantages, and there were no obvious difference between them. Patients can choose the treatment that suits themselves.
Cervical Cancer, Cisplatin, Side Effcets, Meta-Analysis, 5-Year OS
- Xu, J., et al., miR-2861 acts as a tumor suppressor via targeting EGFR/AKT2/CCND1 pathway in cervical cancer induced by human papillomavirus virus 16 E6. Scientific Reports, 2016. 6: p. 28968.
- zur Hausen, H., Papillomaviruses and cancer: from basic studies to clinical application. Nat Rev Cancer, 2002. 2(5): p. 342-50.
- Kim, Y.S., et al., A preliminary results of a randomized trial comparing monthly 5-flourouracil and cisplatin to weekly cisplatin alone combined with concurrent radiotherapy for locally advanced cervical cancer. Cancer Research & Treatment, 2005. 37(1): p. 37-43.
- Rose, P.G., et al., Long-term follow-up of a randomized trial comparing concurrent single agent cisplatin, cisplatin-based combination chemotherapy, or hydroxyurea during pelvic irradiation for locally advanced cervical cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group Study. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2007. 25(19): p. 2804-2810.
- Kanyarat, K., et al., Treatment outcomes of concurrent weekly carboplatin with radiation therapy in locally advanced cervical cancer patients. Gynecologic Oncology, 2011. 123(3): p. 571-576.
- Ryu, S.Y., et al., Randomized Clinical Trial of Weekly vs. Triweekly Cisplatin-Based Chemotherapy Concurrent With Radiotherapy in the Treatment of Locally Advanced Cervical Cancer. International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, 2011. 81(4): p. e577-e581.
- Hae Nam, L., et al., Weekly cisplatin therapy compared with triweekly combination chemotherapy as concurrent adjuvant chemoradiation therapy after radical hysterectomy for cervical cancer. International Journal of Gynecological Cancer Official Journal of the International Gynecological Cancer Society, 2011. 21(1): p. 128.
- Kumar P, S.K., Singh DP, et al, Weekly verses tri-weekly concurrent cisplatin with radiotherapy in the treatment of cervical cancer: a study comparing effcacy and toxicity. SRMS Journal of Medical Sciences., 2017: p. 1(2):66–72
- Kinjyo, Y., et al., Concurrent weekly cisplatin versus triweekly cisplatin with radiotherapy for locally advanced squamous-cell carcinoma of the cervix: a retrospective analysis from a single institution. Br J Radiol, 2017: p. 20170241.
- Rose, P.G., et al., Concurrent cisplatin-based radiotherapy and chemotherapy for locally advanced cervical cancer. N Engl J Med, 1999. 340(15): p. 1144-1153.
- Torres, M.A., et al., Comparison of treatment tolerance and outcomes in patients with cervical cancer treated with concurrent chemoradiotherapy in a prospective randomized trial or with standard treatment. International Journal of Radiation Oncology*Biology*Physics, 2008. 70(1): p. 118-125.
- Panda N, B.S., Samantaray S, et al., Randomised clinical trial of weekly vs. triweekly cisplatin based chemotherapy concurrent with radiotherapy in the treatment of locally advanced cervical cancer. Int J Med Clin Res., 2017: p. 5(04):20060–20064.
- Sang-Young, R., et al., Randomized clinical trial of weekly vs. triweekly cisplatin-based chemotherapy concurrent with radiotherapy in the treatment of locally advanced cervical cancer. International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, 2011. 81(4): p. e577-e581.
- Jiang, N., X.C. Chen, and Y. Zhao, Analysis of the risk factors for myelosuppression after concurrent chemoradiotherapy for patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer. Supportive Care in Cancer, 2013. 21(3): p. 785-791.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.