Author(s): Chen W, Cao HaiS, Sun XiaoM
Objective To study the changes of learning and memory ability in fos-GFP transgenic mice. Methods The mice in the fos-GFP group and the control were tested by using overhead cross maze,open field,and Morris Water Maze. The spontaneous activity,anxiety state,the ability of learning and memory were tested as well. Results The differences between fos-GFP mice and the control were not significant in terms of distance of motion within the field,velocity,duration of stay at the marginal zone,and duration of open arm in the maze(p>0.05).The difference between the mice in the two groups was not significant with regard to latency of finding the flat at each time point(p>0.05),and the percentage of duration in target quadrant in Morris Water Maze(p>0.05),and similar freezing time in contextual fear conditioning test(p>0.05).The fos-GFP mice showed higher freezing level than normal controls in no-exposed fear conditioning(t=9.48,P<0.001). Conclusion The ability of hippocampus-dependent associative learning and memory in fos-GFP transgenic mice was somewhat improved.
fos-GFP Fused Protein, Learning, Memory, Neurobehavioral Manifestations, Mice
- A O C, SMEDBERG D L, SHIN A L, et al. Familial risk for psychiatric disorders in military veterans who have post-traumatic stress disorder with psychosis: a retrospective electronic record review [J]. Psychiatric genetics, 2018, 28(2): 24-30.
- ALWAY Y, GOULD K R, MCKAY A, et al. The Evolution of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder following Moderate-to-Severe Traumatic Brain Injury [J]. Journal of neurotrauma, 2016, 33(9): 825-31.
- ALZOUBI K H, AL SUBEH Z Y, KHABOUR O F. Evaluating the protective effect of etazolate on memory impairment, anxiety- and depression-like behaviors induced by post traumatic stress disorder [J]. Brain research bulletin, 2017, 135(185-92.
- ANJANA B, AMTESHWAR SINGH J. An Integrative Review on Role and Mechanisms of Ghrelin in Stress, Anxiety and Depression [J]. Current Drug Targets, 2016, 17(5): 495-507.
- ATLI A, BULUT M, BEZ Y, et al. Altered lipid peroxidation markers are related to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and not trauma itself in earthquake survivors [J]. European archives of psychiatry and clinical neuroscience, 2016, 266(4): 329-36.
- BOKS M P, RUTTEN B P, GEUZE E, et al. SKA2 Methylation is Involved in Cortisol Stress Reactivity and Predicts the Development of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) After Military Deployment [J]. Neuropsychopharmacology : official publication of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology, 2016, 41(5): 1350-6.
- CORDERO M I, MOSER D A, MANINI A, et al. Effects of interpersonal violence-related post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) on mother and child diurnal cortisol rhythm and cortisol reactivity to a laboratory stressor involving separation [J]. Hormones and behavior, 2017, 90(15-24.
- DIGANGI J A, GORKA S, AFSHAR K, et al. Differential impact of post-deployment stress and PTSD on neural reactivity to emotional stimuli in Iraq and Afghanistan veterans [J]. Journal of psychiatric research, 2018, 96(9-14.
- EBENEZER P J, WILSON C B, WILSON L D, et al. The Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Blueberries in an Animal Model of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) [J]. PloS one, 2016, 11(9): e0160923.
- FERNANDEZ-MORIANO C, GONZALEZ-BURGOS E, IGLESIAS I, et al. Evaluation of the adaptogenic potential exerted by ginsenosides Rb1 and Rg1 against oxidative stress-mediated neurotoxicity in an in vitro neuronal model [J]. PloS one, 2017, 12(8): e0182933.
- FISHBAIN D A, PULIKAL A, LEWIS J E, et al. Chronic Pain Types Differ in Their Reported Prevalence of Post -Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and There Is Consistent Evidence That Chronic Pain Is Associated with PTSD: An Evidence-Based Structured Systematic Review [J]. Pain medicine (Malden, Mass), 2017, 18(4): 711-35.
- GILPIN N W, WEINER J L. Neurobiology of comorbid post-traumatic stress disorder and alcohol-use disorder [J]. Genes, brain, and behavior, 2017, 16(1): 15-43.
- GUEST R, TRAN Y, GOPINATH B, et al. Prevalence and psychometric screening for the detection of major depressive disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder in adults injured in a motor vehicle crash who are engaged in compensation [J]. BMC psychology, 2018, 6(1): 4.
- HASHTJINI M M, JAHROMI G P, SADR S S, et al. Deep brain stimulation in a rat model of post-traumatic stress disorder modifies forebrain neuronal activity and serum corticosterone [J]. Cognitive behaviour therapy, 2018, 21(4): 370-5.
- HE Y Q, LANG X Q, LIN L, et al. P2X3 receptor-mediated visceral hyperalgesia and neuronal sensitization following exposure to PTSD-like stress in the dorsal root ganglia of rats [J]. 2017, 29(3):
- LISIESKI M J, PERRINE S A. Binge-pattern cocaine administration causes long-lasting behavioral hyperarousal but does not enhance vulnerability to single prolonged stress in rats [J]. Journal of molecular neuroscience : MN, 2017, 257(95-101.
- HEIN I, DJELANTIK A, SMID G E, et al. Do prolonged grief disorder symptoms predict post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms following bereavement? A cross-lagged analysis [J]. European journal of pediatrics, 2018, 80(65-71.
- HORLINGS A. Psychiatric screening and interventions for minor refugees in Europe: an overview of approaches and tools [J]. Human brain mapping, 2018, 177(2): 163-9.
- JI L L, PENG J B, FU C H, et al. Sigma-1 receptor activation ameliorates anxiety-like behavior through NR2A-CREB-BDNF signaling pathway in a rat model submitted to single-prolonged stress [J]. Molecular medicine reports, 2017, 16(4): 4987-93.
- JIANG J H, PENG Y L, ZHANG P J, et al. The ventromedial hypothalamic nucleus plays an important role in anxiolytic-like effect of neuropeptide S [J]. Neuropeptides, 2018, 67(36-44.
- KELLER S M, SCHREIBER W B, STAIB J M, et al. Sex differences in the single prolonged stress model [J]. Behavioural brain research, 2015, 286(29-32.
- LAUKOVA M, ALALUF L G, SEROVA L I, et al. Early intervention with intranasal NPY prevents single prolonged stress-triggered impairments in hypothalamus and ventral hippocampus in male rats [J]. Endocrinology, 2014, 155(10): 3920-33.
- LEVONE B R, CRYAN J F, O'LEARY O F. Role of adult hippocampal neurogenesis in stress resilience [J]. Neurobiology of stress, 2015, 1(147-55.
- LIM S I, SONG K H, YOO C H, et al. Decreased Glutamatergic Activity in the Frontal Cortex of Single Prolonged Stress Model: In vivo and Ex Vivo Proton MR Spectroscopy [J]. Neurochemical research, 2017, 42(8): 2218-29.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.