Based on the trade potential model, this paper determines the trade potential relationship between China and the eight countries in South Asia in the context of the “Belt and Road”. Firstly, the panel data analysis method is used to study the overall situation of China's trade with South Asia from 2001 to 2014. Secondly, the trade gravity model is used to estimate the trade volume between China and the eight countries in South Asia. The estimated value is compared with the actual value to calculate China and the eight countries of South Asia. Trade potential value. Finally, based on the calculated potential value, the policy recommendations in the context of the “Belt and Road” are given.
Trading, Trade Potential, South Asia, The ”Belt And Road”
- Li Shijie, Deng Maojie, Liu Dianguo. Trade Gravity, Social Embedding and Export of Cultural Products——Experience Analysis from China and Countries along the Belt and Road Initiative.[J].Journal of Guangdong University of Finance and Economics.2017(4):32-44 .
- Maria Silgoner, Katharina Steiner, Julia Wrz, Christian. Fishing in the Same Pool: Export Strengths and Competitiveness of China and Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe at the EU 15 Market. [J] China Economic Review, 2015, 32 ( 02) : 68-83.
- Benkovskis, Konstantīns, Wrz, Julia. Summary Measure for Price and Non-Price Competitiveness for ASEAN + 3. [J]. Asian Economic Journal, 2015, 29 ( 02) : 165 -180.
- Jan Fagerberg and Martin Srholec. The Competitiveness of Nations: Why Some Countries Prosper While Others Fall Behind. [J]. World Development, 2017, 35 ( 10) : 1596-1620
- Li Junjiu, Qiu Yuyu. Research on China's Export Potential to APEC Members and Its Influencing Factors——An Empirical Test Based on Trade Gravity Model. [J].Asia-Pacific Economy.2017(6):5-13
- Chen Jidong, Li Jingfeng. China-South Asia Economic and Trade Situation under the Background of Financial Crisis. [J]. South Asian Studies Quarterly. 2010(3): 66-77
- Gong Jing, Yin Zhongming. Research on the international division of labor and competitiveness of China's service trade export under the value-added accounting system——Based on the analysis of the upstream index and the display comparative advantage index of the world input-output database [J]. International Business. 2018(5): 7-11
- United Nations International Symposium. United Nations Statistical Capacity Development Trust Fund Project - International Symposium on Implementation of International Standard Industrial Classification and Major Product Classifications. [J]. Statistical Education. 2016(9): 50-66
- Shi Huijun, Lu Yaqin. Comparative study on the similarity of export trade between Bangladesh, China, India and Myanmar. [J]. Contemporary Economy. 2014(1): 61-65
- Lan Qingxin, Dou Kai. Analysis of the Coordination of Trade Interests between China and Other BRICS Countries. [J]. Journal of Theory. 2018(3): 52-60
- Tang Hongsong, Li Feng, Wang Jingjing. The trade pattern and potential of Xinjiang and the countries along the Silk Road Economic Belt. [J].Eurasia Economics.2017(10):47-52
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.