Landscape Architecture being a profession and discipline whose philosophy and practice emphasizes harmonization of human development with nature, it is important to ensure that professionals are properly trained to reflect this. The process of getting the training started in Nigeria after so many attempts. The paper examines the historical background of landscape architecture education in the country and the challenges in creating awareness of the profession and sustaining the Landscape Architecture programmes that have been created. It details the components of the various programmes while discussing the progress and challenges to landscape architectural education in Nigeria.
Landscape Architecture, Education, Evolution of Degree Programmes, Nigeria
- International Federation of Landscape Architects, â€œIFLA Newsâ€ No
- 15 June 1985, p. 1
- IFLA, IFLA Yearbook 1986/87 Edition 6 April 1987 PP. 224-226
- Ohafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife; FEDM Handbook 1984-87, pp99-111
- Louisiana State University 1976 Graduate School Catalog 1979
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
- Obiefuna J. N. 1995. â€œLandscape Architecture. A Profession and Discipline for a Developing Countryâ€. AARCHES Journal vol. 1 No. 2 Sept 1995 pp. 29-34
- Tai, Lolly, 2003 â€œDoctoring the Professionâ€ fri Landscape Architecture: The Magazine of the American Society of Landscape Architect (ASLA) November 2003. Published on Internet
- University of Georgia 1981-1982, The University of Georgia
- Bulletins: Undergraduate Study; Graduate School. University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, USA. Pp. 259-26 1; 156-157
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.