There are more than five million confirmed cases and more than three hundred thousand deaths of COVID-19 in the world. Most governments adopted strategies such as social isolation and lock-down to prevent an uncontrolled spread of the disease. In this scenario, most elective medical procedures have been postponed. As the peak in the number of cases falls behind, we need to work on a staged exit strategy to carrying out non-urgent procedures. This paper´s main goal is to make recommendations for reopening medical offices and for the reintroduction of elective procedures.
COVID-19, Coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, Elective Surgeries
- Giulio M, Maggioni D, Montroni I, et al. Being a doctor will never be the same after the COVID-19 pandemic. Am J Med, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2020.03.003
- Lee J, Choi JY, Kim S. Elective surgeries during COVID-19 outbreak. BJS, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1002/bjs.11697
- The White House. Guidelines: Opening up America again. 2020. Available online: https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/
- World Health Organization(WHO). Available online: https://covid19.who.int
- World Health Organizations(WHO). Available online: http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/health-emergencies/coronavirus-covid-19/news/news/2020/3/who-announces-covid-19-outbreak-a-pandemic
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.