Objective To observe the effects of Cannabinoid type 2 receptor (CB2R) on Aβ-induced hippocampal neuron. Methods Hippocampal neurons were pre-treated with 10 μM JWH133 and then treated 100 nM Aβ42 oligomer for 7 day, the mRNA of Bcl-2 and Bax was measured by qRT-PCR, and the mitochondrial membrane potential and the production of ROS were measured by Flow Cytometry. Result Aβ42 oligomer significantly decreased the ratio of Bcl-2/Bax, and mitochondrial membrane potential, and increased the production of ROS. However, the pre-treatment JWH133 inhibited Aβ42-induced the ratio of Bcl-2/Bax decrease, and increased the mitochondrial membrane potential, decreased the production of ROS. Conclusion Activation of CB2R could inhibit the effects of Aβ42 on hippocampal neurons.
Primary Hippocampal Neuron, Amyloid Β-Protein, Cannabinoid Type 2 Receptor, JWH133
- Lane, C.A., J. Hardy, and J.M. Schott, Alzheimer's disease. Eur J Neurol, 2018. 25(1): p. 59-70.
- Bondi, M.W., E.C. Edmonds, and D.P. Salmon, Alzheimer's Disease: Past, Present, and Future. J Int Neuropsychol Soc, 2017. 23(9-10): p. 818-831.
- Mantzavinos, V. and A. Alexiou, Biomarkers for Alzheimer's Disease Diagnosis. Curr Alzheimer Res, 2017. 14(11): p. 1149-1154.
- Galla, L., et al., Intracellular Calcium Dysregulation by the Alzheimer's Disease-Linked Protein Presenilin 2. Int J Mol Sci, 2020. 21(3).
- Cheignon, C., et al., Oxidative stress and the amyloid beta peptide in Alzheimer's disease. Redox Biol, 2018. 14: p. 450-464.
- Bloom, G.S., Amyloid-β and tau: the trigger and bullet in Alzheimer disease pathogenesis. JAMA Neurol, 2014. 71(4): p. 505-8.
- Kowalski, K. and A. Mulak, Brain-Gut-Microbiota Axis in Alzheimer's Disease. J Neurogastroenterol Motil, 2019. 25(1): p. 48-60.
- Gosztyla, M.L., H.M. Brothers, and S.R. Robinson, Alzheimer's Amyloid-β is an Antimicrobial Peptide: A Review of the Evidence. J Alzheimers Dis, 2018. 62(4): p. 1495-1506.
- Nazem, A., et al., Rodent models of neuroinflammation for Alzheimer's disease. J Neuroinflammation, 2015. 12: p. 74.
- Zhang, P., et al., Senolytic therapy alleviates Aβ-associated oligodendrocyte progenitor cell senescence and cognitive deficits in an Alzheimer's disease model. Nat Neurosci, 2019. 22(5): p. 719-728.
- Stempel, A.V., et al., Cannabinoid Type 2 Receptors Mediate a Cell Type-Specific Plasticity in the Hippocampus. Neuron, 2016. 90(4): p. 795-809.
- Wu, Q. and H. Wang, The spatiotemporal expression changes of CB2R in the hippocampus of rats following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus. Epilepsy Res, 2018. 148: p. 8-16.
- Wu, J., Cannabis, cannabinoid receptors, and endocannabinoid system: yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Acta Pharmacol Sin, 2019. 40(3): p. 297-299.
- Ward, S.J., et al., Surprising outcomes in cannabinoid CB1/CB2 receptor double knockout mice in two models of ischemia. Life Sci, 2018. 195: p. 1-5.
- Wang, L., et al., Deletion of Type-2 Cannabinoid Receptor Induces Alzheimer's Disease-Like Tau Pathology and Memory Impairment Through AMPK/GSK3β Pathway. Mol Neurobiol, 2018. 55(6): p. 4731-4744.
- Li, C., et al., CB2 cannabinoid receptor agonist ameliorates novel object recognition but not spatial memory in transgenic APP/PS1 mice. Neurosci Lett, 2019. 707: p. 134286.
- Siddiqui, W.A., A. Ahad, and H. Ahsan, The mystery of BCL2 family: Bcl-2 proteins and apoptosis: an update. Arch Toxicol, 2015. 89(3): p. 289-317.
- Kontos, C.K., M.I. Christodoulou, and A. Scorilas, Apoptosis-related BCL2-family members: Key players in chemotherapy. Anticancer Agents Med Chem, 2014. 14(3): p. 353-74.
- Reyna, D.E., et al., Direct Activation of BAX by BTSA1 Overcomes Apoptosis Resistance in Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Cancer Cell, 2017. 32(4): p. 490-505.e10.
- Blennow, K. and H. Zetterberg, Biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease: current status and prospects for the future. J Intern Med, 2018. 284(6): p. 643-663.
- Rosenberg, R.N., et al., Genomics of Alzheimer Disease: A Review. JAMA Neurol, 2016. 73(7): p. 867-74.
- Zhou, H., et al., Human Cannabinoid Receptor 2 Ligand-Interaction Motif: Transmembrane Helix 2 Cysteine, C2.59(89), as Determinant of Classical Cannabinoid Agonist Activity and Binding Pose. Acs Chemical Neuroscience, 2017: p. acschemneuro.7b00003.
- Leinwand, K.L., et al., Cannabinoid Receptor-2 Ameliorates Inflammation in Murine Model of Crohn's Disease. Journal of Crohns & Colitis, 2017. 11(11): p. 1369.
- Solas, M., et al., CB2 receptor and amyloid pathology in frontal cortex of Alzheimer's disease patients. Neurobiol Aging, 2013. 34(3): p. 805-8.
- Ly, J.D., D.R. Grubb, and A. Lawen, The mitochondrial membrane potential (Δψm) in apoptosis; An update. Apoptosis An International Journal on Programmed Cell Death, 2003. 8(2): p. 115-128.
- Jurgensmeier, et al., Bax directly induces release of cytochrome c from isolated mitochondria. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 1998.
- Bedard, et al., The NOX Family of ROS-Generating NADPH Oxidases: Physiology and Pathophysiology. Physiological Reviews, 2007.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.