Download Full PDF
Read Complete Article
Volume 9 - Dec 2020
Amyand hernia is a rare event that consists in the vermiform appendix being located within the hernial sac, with or without inflammation. This study aims to report the case and handling of an elderly female patient with abdominal pain and right inguinal bulge with ultrasound diagnosis of incarcerated inguinal hernia, being the final diagnosis Amyand hernia perceived only during the surgery.
Inguinal hernia, Amyand, Appendix
- CROUZILLARD et al., 2017; D’ALIA et al., 2003; DESAI et al., 2017; GUPTA; SHARMA; KAUSHIK, 2005; SALLES; BASSI; SPERANZINI, 2006; SHARMA; GUPTA; SHEKHAWAT, 2007; SOUZA et al., 2016- https://doi.org/10.7554/elife.32303.032
- Ibrahim Barut, Ömer Ridvan Tarhan. A rare variation of amyand's hernia: gangrenous appendicitis in an incarcerated inguinal hernia sac. Eur J Gen Med 2008; 5(2): 112-114.https://doi.org/10.29333/ejgm/82588
- Fonseca Sosa FK, Casado Méndez PR, Santos Fonseca RS, Núñez Siré RA, Rey Vallés YS, Quesada Martínez E. Amyand’s hernia: case report. Revista Médica Electrónica 2017;39(2):330-7.
- Llullaku S, Hyseni N, Kelmendi B, Jashari H, Hasani A. A pin appendix within Amyand's hernia in a six-years-old boy: case report and review of literature in World Journal of Emergency Surgery. 2010; 5:14 https://doi.org/10.1186/1749-7922-5-14
- Lyass S, Kim A, Bauer J. Perforated appendicitis within an inguinal hernia: case report and review of literature. Am J Gastroenterol. 1997; 92(4):700-2
- Monib S, Bassem A, Ahmed H, Fiaz H, Ahmed F. Amyand's hernia as a sliding component of inguinal hernia: A case report. IJCRI 2012; 3(8): 24-26.). https://doi.org/10.5348/ijcri-2012-08-160-CR-7
- Sharma H, Gupta A, Shekhawat NS, Memon B, Memon MA. Amyand's hernia: a report of 18 consecutive patients over a 15-year period. Hernia. 2007;11(1):31-5 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10029-006-0153-8
- Ümran M, Ömer A. Amyand's Hernia: Report of Two Cases and a Review of the Literature.Journal of diseases of the colon and rectum 2011; 21(3): 130-135
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.