CoII, NiII, ZnII and AgII carbonates; M(CO3)2 (M = CoII, NiII, and ZnII) and Ag2CO3 were obtained during the reaction of aqueous solutions of Co(NO3)2, Ni(NO3)2, Zn(NO3)2 and AgNO3 with methylurea at ~ 90 oC for twelve hours. The reaction products were characterized through their elemental analysis and infrared spectroscopy. The infrared spectra clearly show the characteristic bands due to carbonate ions. General reaction equations describing the formation of some transition carbonates were proposed.
M(CO3)2, methylurea, Infrared spectra
- A. Seminara, A. Musumeci, A. Chisari, Uranyl and lanthanide complexes with ureas. Synthesis and spectroscopic studies, J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem., 40(2), 269 (1978)
- G. Siracusa, A. Seminara, V. Cucinotta, S. Gurrieri, Thermal decomposition of metal complexes. VII. Uranyl nitrate-urea system: synthesis and decomposition, Thermochim. Acta, 23(1), 109 (1978)
- P.S. Gentile, L.H. Talley, Coordination compounds of uranium with organic bases in aqueous solution, J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 79, 5889 (1957)
- Yu. Ya. Kharitonov, K.S. Sulaimankulov, N.B. Khudaibergenova, IR absorption spectra of rare earth nitrate complexes with urea, Zh. Neorg. Khim., 35 (8), 2117 (1990)
- C.V. Deshpande, V.R. Rao, Preparation and characterization of lanthanide complexes using substituted ureas and thioureas as ligands, J. Indian Inst. Sci., 69(5), 329 (1989)
- P. V. Vaidya, V. D. Deshpande, R. Rao, Synthesis and characterization of lanthanide mixed complexes using urea and phenylthioureas as ligands, J. Indian Council of Chemists, 3(1), 21 (1987)
- M. A. Tushchenko, V. B. Rybalka, A. I. Markina, A. A. Kostyuk, A. S. Tsitko, E. T. Denisenko, Complexation of rare earth ions with urea in solution, Organ. Reagenty Anal. Khimii, Perm. Gos. Un-t, Perm (1991), 43-38. From: Ref. Zh., Khim. 1992, Chem. Abstr. No. 121:93018
- M.K. Balbaev, I.K. Kireeva, K.S. Sulaimankulov, A. Yu. Tsivadze, Koord. Khim., Urea compounds of double rare earth sulfates, Koord. Khim. 14(2), 186 (1988)
- B. Murzubraimov, M. Ismailov, Thermal stability of some rare earth metal acetate complexes with urea, Zh. Neorg. Khim., 30(1), 70 (1985)
- B. Murzubraimov, Coordination compounds of d- and f-metals with amide ligands, Koord. Khim., 11(12), 1587 (1985)
- S. M. Teleb, M. S. Refat , S. A. Sadeek, Spectroscopic studies of the reaction products of urea with Sn(IV) and Sn(II) chlorides at room and high temperature, Ukrainian Chem. J., 68(5), 35 (2004)
- S. A. Sadeek, M. S. Refat , S. M. Teleb, Spectroscopic and thermal studies of [Cr2(NH2)2(H2O)2 (SO4)2].2H2O, [Cr(NCO)3(H2O)].3H2O and [FeO(OH)].0.5H2O compounds formed by the reactions of urea with Cr2(SO4)3, Cr(CH3COO)3 and Fe2(SO4)3, J. Korea, Chem. Soc., 48(4), 358 (2004)
- M. S. Refat, S. M. Teleb, S. A. Sadeek, A novel method for preparation of cobalt(II) and lead(II) carbonates, Spectrochim. Acta, A(60), 2803 (2004)
- M. S. Refat, S. A. Sadeek, S. M. Teleb, Reactions of urea with Mo(VI), V(V) and Se(IV) oxides at high temperature, J. Argen. Chem. Soc., 92(4-6), 23 (2004)
- M. S. Refat, A novel method for the synthesis of rare earth carbonates, Synth. React. Inorg. Met.-Org. Chem., 34(9), 1605-1613 (2004)
- E. M. Nour, S.M. Teleb, N.A. Al-Khososy, M. S. Refat, A novel method for the synthesis of metal carbonates. I. synthesis and infrared spectrum of manganese carbonate, MnCO3.H2O, formed by the reaction of urea with manganese(II) salts, Synth. React. Inorg. Met-Org. Chem., 27(4), 505 (1997)
- K. Nakamoto, "Infrared and Raman Spectra of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds", Wiley, New York, 1978
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.