The Fe2O3 and CuO oxides were synthesized by a new reaction of methyl urea with FeCl3.6H2O, Fe(NO3)3.9H2O, Fe2(SO4)3 and Cu(OAc)2, respectively, in an aqueous media at ~ 90 oC. The infrared spectra and microanalysis, CHN, of the solid products resulted indicate that the absence of the bands of methyl urea, but appearing the characteristic bands of oxides. A general mechanism describing the formation of oxides and decomposition of methyl urea are suggested.
Fe2O3, CuO and methyl urea
- P. C. Srivastava, C. Aravindaksahn, Complexes of urea with ruthenium(III), rhodium(III) and platinum(IV), Z. Phys. Chem. Leipzig, 61, 264 (1983)
- F. Berny, G. Wipff, Interaction of M3+ lanthanide cations with amide, urea, thioamide and thiourea ligands: a quantum mechanical study, J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans., 2(1), 73 (2001)
- Yu.Ya. Kharitonov, K.S. Sulaimankulov, N.B. Khudaibergenova, IR absorption spectra of rare earth nitrate complexes with urea. Z. Neorg. Khim., 35(8), 2117 (1990)
- C.V. Deshpande, V.R. Rao, Preparation and characterization of lanthanide complexes using substituted ureas and thioureas as ligands, J. Ind. Inst. of Science, 69 (5), 329 (1989)
- J.P. Barbier, R. Hugel, New complexes of cobalt(II) and nickel(II) salts with N,N'-diethylurea, Inorg. Chim. Acta, 18 (3), 253 (1976)
- R. B. Penland, S. Mizushima, C. Curran, J. V. Quagliano, Infrared absorption spectra of inorganic coordination complexes. X. Studies of some metal-urea complexes, J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 79, 1575 (1957)
- S. M. Teleb, M. S. Refat , S. A. Sadeek, Spectroscopic studies of the reaction products of urea with Sn(IV) and Sn(II) chlorides at room and high temperature, Ukrainian Chem. J., 68(5), 35 (2004)
- S. A. Sadeek , M. S. Refat, Synthesis, Infrared spectra and thermal investigation of gold(III) and zinc(II) urea complexes. A new procedure for the synthesis of basic zinc carbonate, J. Coord. Chem., 58(18), 1727 (2005)
- S. A. Sadeek, M. S. Refat , S. M. Teleb, Spectroscopic and thermal studies of [Cr2(NH2)2(H2O)2 (SO4)2].2H2O, [Cr(NCO)3(H2O)].3H2O and [FeO(OH)].0.5H2O compounds formed by the reactions of urea with Cr2(SO4)3, Cr(CH3COO)3 and Fe2(SO4)3, J. Korea, Chem. Soc., 48(4), 358 (2004)
- M. S. Refat, S. M. Teleb, S. A. Sadeek, A novel method for preparation of cobalt(II) and lead(II) carbonates, Spectrochim. Acta, A(60), 2803 (2004)
- M. S. Refat, S. A. Sadeek, S. M. Teleb, Reactions of urea with Mo(VI), V(V) and Se(IV) oxides at high temperature, J. Argen. Chem. Soc., 92(4-6), 23 (2004)
- M. S. Refat, A novel method for the synthesis of rare earth carbonates, Synth. React. Inorg. Met.-Org. Chem., 34(9), 1605-1613 (2004)
- E. M. Nour, S.M. Teleb, N.A. Al-Khososy, M. S. Refat, A novel method for the synthesis of metal carbonates. I. synthesis and infrared spectrum of manganese carbonate, MnCO3.H2O, formed by the reaction of urea with manganese(II) salts, Synth. React. Inorg. Met-Org. Chem., 27(4), 505 (1997)
- S. A. sadeek, Preparation, infrared spectrum and thermal studies of [Zn2(H2O)4(SO4)2] complex formed by the reaction of urea with zinc(II) sulphate, J. Phys. Chem. Solids, 54, 919 (1993)
- K. Nakamoto, "Infrared and Raman Spectra of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds", Wiley, New York, 1978
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.