Author(s): Yujun Sun, Khambay KHAMPHILAVONG
The objective of this research was to study the determine the socio-economic, the level assessment of peopleâ€™s partic-ipation in production forest management in the south east of Lao. The samples consisted of 111 villagers were live in Khangchone and Khorksavang village, who was asked complete the questionnaire. The survey data were analyzed by Microsoft Excel program, percentage, distribution, maximum, minimum, standard deviation, average values and Chi-quare test research hypothesis and statistical significance level was set at 0.05. The results showed: peopleâ€™s par-ticipation in the production forest management were 3 activities participation in the decision making planning was never and total average points was 8.18, participation in implementation was rather much and total average points was 24.45, participation in monitoring and evaluation was a little level and total average point was 22.25, the condi-tions related to peopleâ€™s participation forest management at Khangchone sub-forest management area were the posi-tion within the household, the position of household leaders within the society and the receiving of forest manage-ment news.
Community forest management, common property, socio-economic status, relationship of participation
- Acharya. K.P 2002, Twenty-four years of Community Forestry in Nepal. International Forestry Review, 4(2), 149-156
- Agrawal, Arun, 2001. Common Property Institutions and Sus-tainable Governance of Resources World Development, Elevevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1648-1671, October
- Bhattarai, A.M. and D.R. Khanal. 2005. Communities, Forests and Law of Nepal: Present State and Challenges: Pro-Public/FECOFUN, Kathmandu, Nepal; CIEL, Washington DC
- Chamikhone, S., 2536. Statistical analysis for Social Science Research. Agricultural Sciences, Bangkok
- Dangal, S. 2002. Forest Generating Employment and income Today Magazine. Vol. 20. Dev, O.P., N.P yadav, Sousan, J., and O. Springate-Baginski. 2003
- DOF. 2005. Forest Strategy to the year 2020. Ministry of Agri-culture and Forestry, Department of Forestry. Vientiane, Laos
- DOF. 2005. Report on the Assessment of Forest Cover and Land Use during 1992-2002.Ministry Of Agriculture and Forestry, Department of Forestry. Agriculture Organiza-tion of the United Nations
- DOF, 2008, The foesrt management in Lao PDR, Division of forestry meetings across the country in the year 1989.
- DOF, 2005. Forest Law
- Doulongdeth, S., 1986. Participation of People can do by many Ways, in the Committee Consultant from Private Part
- Forest Law. 1996, Protection Forest; Conservation Forest. Vien-tiane, Laos
- Gautam, AP., GP. Shivakoti, and EL. Webb. 2004b. A Review of Forest Policies, Institutions, and Changes in the Re-source Condition in Nepal. International Forestry Review 6:135-147
- Gebremedhin., and Timothy., 2003. Survey Analysis of Partici-pation in a Community Forest Management in Nepal. A Working Paper. 2003-8, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University, Morgantown, 2003
- GOL (Government of Lao PDR) 2003, Regulation No.0360/AF2003, National Biodiversity
- Conservation Areas, Aquatic and Wildlife Management Regulations, Ministry of Agriculture and forestry. Veintiane, Laos
- Kanel, Keshav Raj, Ram Prasad Poudyal, and Jagadish Prasad Baral. 2005. Nepal Community Forestry 2005. Paper read at First Regional Community Forestry Forum â€“ Regulatory Frameworks for Community Forestry in Asia â€“ Proceedings of a Regional Forum, at Bangkok, Thai-land, August 24-25, 2005
- Khetsakoun, V., 2001. Relationship Between Socio-economic Factors with the Using from Communities forest around Wildlife Consevation
- Latthipanya, B., 2006, Laos PDR, Condition, the Influences to Participation, The Participation of People is many forms, the Population different Social Structure, Vientiane, Laos
- Lueamalaisy, S., 2006. Participation of People in Conservation Fountainhead Forest at Xexet, Paksong District. Champasack Province, Lao PDR
- MAF. 2005, Minitry of Agricultur and forestry, policy and law about protected area conservation in Lao PDR
- MAF, 2005 policy and law about production forestry in Lao PDR, Policy of prime ministerâ€™s Lao PDR
- MAF, 2005, Establish of the forest management, Carry on by strategy of protected area management system devide, in Lao PDR
- MAF, 2001, Key and Definitions meaning of Participation is Peopleâ€™s Participation in Step by Step for Resources Management Sustainable
- MAF, 2008, The National Protected area Forest Management is Forest Protection have to Increase abundant, protected ar-ea is Forest turns that off for Object Use in Nature Re-sources
- MAF, 2004, the protected area Forest Management Participatory is means Togetherness Protect It Promotion
- Makarabhirom, P., and John, R., 1999. Field manual of partici-patory village forest assessment and planning. Prepared for The Lao-Swedish Forestry Program and Department of Forestry, Lao PDR, February 1999.Laos: Department of Forestry, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
- Ojha, H. R., N. P. Timsina, C. Kumar, B. Belcher, and M. R. Banjade. 2007. Community-based Forest Management Programmes in Nepal: An Overview of Issus and Les-sons. Journal of Forest and Livelihoods 6 (1): 1â€“16
- Pretty, J., Guij, I., Thompson, J. and Scoones, I. (1995) Participatory Learning and Action: A trainerâ€™s guide, IIED, London
- Phandanouvong, S., 2002, Description and Step of Participation the Participation has Character and Step that are Differ-ence by State, According Social-economics, Time, Exist-ing Resources and According to what the Exact Re-quirements
- Tridecha, P., 2003. Participation of People in the Communities Conservation Kabi Province Thailand
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.