In this paper we discuss analysis and synthesis techniques for planar circular arrays usable in passive HF target ranging. The elements geometries are assumed and analyzed for the array. The frequencies of the bands are taken as; S-band (2 and 4) GHz, C-band (5 and 8) GHz and X-band (9 and 12.4) GHz. The frequencies are taken for the initial and terminal of the specified bands. The circular dish array antenna was used to study the three - dimensional array radiation pattern for circular aperture with diameter (0.3m) at a given wavelength. Linear and polar array radiation patterns were analyzed. It was noted that the number of side lobes increases either by increasing element spacing or by increasing operating frequency. In array design, the positions of sparse array elements is an important concern for optimal performance A new and very fast low-side lobe pattern synthesis method for planar array antennas with periodic element spacing is described.
Radar Antenna Frequencies, Matlab Computer Program
- Pyton Z., 1998 "Radar Principles, John Wiley and sons, Inc., 3rd Edition
- Eyung W., 2008. Radar System Analysis, Design, and Simulation, Artich House Inc., 2nd Edition
- Sen A.K and.Bahattacharya A.B, 2008. Radar Systems and Radio Aids to Navigation, Khanna puplishers,Delhi., Fifth Edition
- David K. and Leonov A., 1998. Radar Technology Encyclopedia, Artich House Inc
- Merrill I., 2001. Introduction to Radar Systems, Mc Graw-Hill Book Company, 3rd Edition
- Bassem R., 2000. Radar Systems Analysis and Design Using MATLAB, Chapman & Hall/CRC, USA, 2nd Edition
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.