The increase of carbon dioxide concentration in atmosphere, due to anthropogenic emissions, is almost generally considered as responsible of global climate changes. Here we show some data of CO2 concentration and its emission in atmosphere, using the recurrence plots to enhance the visualization of their trends.
Carbon dioxide, Environment, Climate, Time series, Recurrence plots, World Bank data
- Tans, P. & Keeling R. (2014). Trends in atmospheric carbon dioxide, Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). At www.esrl.noaa.gov/ gmd/ ccgg/ trends/
- Nobelprize.org (2014). New light to illuminate the world, Press Release, October 7
- At www.nobelprize.org/ nobel_prizes/ physics/ laureates/ 2014/ press.html
- Vv.Aa. (2014). List of countries by carbon dioxide emissions per capita, Wikipedia
- Sparavigna, A.C. (2008). Recurrence plots of sunspots, solar flux and irradiance, arXiv:0804.1941 [physics.pop-ph]
- Sparavigna, A.C. (2014). Recurrence plots from altimetry data of some lakes in Africa, International Journal of Sciences, 3(7): 19-27
- Sparavigna, A.C. (2014). Recurrence plots of exchange rates of currencies, International Journal of Sciences, 3(7): 87-95
- Siegenthaler, U., Monnin, E., Kawamura, K., Spahni, R., Schawander, J., Stauffer, B., Stocker, T.F., Barnola, J.-M. & Fischer, H. (2005). Supporting evidence from the EPICA Dronning Maud Land ice core for atmospheric CO2 changes during the past millennium. Tellus B, 57: 51-57
- Kononov, E. (2014). Visual Recurrence Analysis. At www.visualization-2002.org/
- Kononov, E. (2014). Software. At visual-recurrence- analysis.software.informer.com/ 4.9/
- Vv.Aa. (2014). GISS surface temperature analysis, NASA. At data.giss.nasa.gov/ gistemp/ graphs_v3/
- Sato, M. (2014). Global temperature, Columbia University Webpage. At www.columbia.edu/ ~mhs119/ Temperature/
- Vv.Aa. (2014). U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), at www.eia.gov/petroleum/
- Vv.Aa. (2014). CO2 emissions (metric tons per capita), Catalog Sources World Development Indicators, The World Bank. At data.worldbank.org/ indicator/ EN.ATM.CO2E.pc
- Strom, S. (2011). World Bank is opening its treasure chest of data. The New York Times, July 2
- Olivier, J.G.L., Janssens-Maenhout, G., Muntean, M. & Peters, J.A.H.W. (2013). Trends in global CO2 emissions: 2013 Report. The Hague: PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.