Metamaterials are engineered materials that gain their properties from the repeating patterns of their structures. Here we discuss paper-based metamaterials, with the honeycomb structure, and a possible auxetic design of them.
Honeycomb cells, Auxetic structures, Metamaterials, Paper, Cardboards
- T.J. Cui, D-R. Smith and R. Liu, (2010). Metamaterials: theory, design, and applications, Springer
- N. Engheta and R.W. Ziolkowski (2006). Metamaterials: physics and engineering explorations, John Wiley & Sons
- V.M. Shalaev, W. Cai, U. Chettiar, H.-K. Yuan, A.K. Sarychev, V.P. Drachev and A.V. Kildishev (2005). Negative index of refraction in optical metamaterials, arXiv:physics/ 0504091 [physics.optics]
- D. Schurig, J.J. Mock, B.J. Justice, S.A. Cummer, J.B. Pendry, A.F. Starr and D.R. Smith (2006). Metamaterial electromagnetic cloak at microwave frequencies, Science, Volume 314, Issue 5801, Pages 977-980
- V.M. Shalaev (2008). Transforming light, Science, Volume 322, Pages 384-386
- Vv.Aa. (2014). Wikipedia, History of metamaterials
- Z. Liu, X. Zhang, Y. Mao, Y.Y. Zhu, Z. Yang, C.T. Chan and P. Sheng (2000). Locally resonant sonic materials, Science, Volume 289, Issue 5485, Pages 1734â€“1736
- A.C. Sparavigna (2013). Metamateriali cartacei a nido d'ape e auxetici. Converter & Cartotecnica, Volume XXVI, Issue 154, Pages 84-88
- Vv. Aa. (2014). Wikipedia, Paper
- H.L. Cox (1952). The elasticity and strength of paper and other fibrous materials, British Journal of Applied Physics, Volume 3, Issue 3, Pages 72-79
- M. Litt (1961). Macroscopic properties and microscopic structure in paper, Journal of Colloid Science, Volume 16, Issue 3, Pages 297â€“310
- W. Szewczyk, K. Marynowski and W. Tarnawski (2006). An analysis of Youngâ€™s modulus distribution in the paper plane, Fibres & Textiles in Eastern Europe, Volume 14, Issue October/December, Pages 91-94
- N. Stenberg and C. Fellers (2002). Out-of-plane Poissonâ€™s ratios of paper and paperboard, Nordic Pulp and Paper Research Journal, Volume 17, Issue 4, Pages 387-394
- P. Verma, A.C. Griffin and M.L. Shofner (2013). Deconstructing the auxetic behavior of paper, Georgia Institute of Technology, Poster
- Vv. Aa. (2014). Wikipedia, Paper honeycomb
- Vv. Aa. (2014). Wikipedia, Honeycomb structure
- G. Ambrose and P. Harris (2010). The visual dictionary of pre-press and production, AVA Publishing
- M. Quinion, Auxetic, www.worldwidewords.org/ turnsofphrase/ tp-aux1.htm, retrieved June 2013
- R.S. Lakes (1987). Foam structures with a negative Poisson's ratio, Science, Volume 235, Issue 4792, Pages 1038-1040
- Z.-D. Ma, H. Bian, C. Sun, G.M. Hulbert, K. Bishnoi and F. Rostam-Abadi (2010). Functionally-graded NPR (Negative Poissonâ€™s Ratio) material for a blast-protective deflector, 2010 NDIA Ground Vehicles Systems Engineering and Technology Symposium, August 17-19, Dearborn, Michigan
- A.C. Sparavigna (2007). Phonons in conventional and auxetic honeycomb lattices, Phys. Rev. B, Volume 76, Pages 134302-1-13402-6
- A.C. Sparavigna (2007). Phonons in honeycomb and auxetic two-dimensional lattices, arXiv:cond-mat/ 0703257 [cond-mat.mtrl-sci]
- Maltese scientistsâ€™ work of front cover of leading international journals, home.um.edu.mt/ auxetic/press/
- home.um.edu.mt/ auxetic/ www/ publications.html
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.