Author(s): Elena Kutas, Aleksandr Veyevnik, Vladimir Titok, Lyubov Ogorodnik
The results of experimental studies of morphogenesis of four introduced varietes cowberry ('Koralle', 'Masovia', 'Erntedank', 'ErntekrÃ¶ne') in culture in vitro on three types of nutrient media of nine modifications. It was found, that of all the investigated types of nutrient media among the most active shoot formation and rhizogenesis was observed on the medium WPM (â„– 8) and Anderson (â„– 9). This demonstrates a proof of universality of these types of media for both morphogenetic processes: shoot formation and rhizogenesis. On the basis of study of morphogenesis of explants proceeding from the introduced varietes Vaccinium vitis-idaea in aseptic culture on various types of nutrient media was shown a principal possibility to regenerate it in two ways: 1) by activation of axillary meristems , 2 ) through the callus proliferation and subsequent formation of a shoot. Research results obtained in the study of morphogenesis in four different types of explants of introduced varietes of cowberry on modified nutrient media, used by us in the elaboration of technology of micropropagation of these varietes.
morphogenesis, introduced varietes of cowberry, aseptic culture
- Shor MF, Papazian ND (1989). Study of the processes of morphogenesis in culture of isolated tissues roses . Rus.acad. of sciences. Inst of Plant Physiology., Moscow, Dep. VINITI 19.04.89, â„– 2572-889.
- Vilor TA, Gaponenko AK, Melkonov NM (1987). Selection of the optimal nutrient medium for sunflower . Rus.acad.of sciences. Inst. of Plant Physiology. M., Dep. VINITI 19.01.87, â„– 382 - 387.
- Budagovskaya NV, Kara AN, Kotov AA (1990). Hormonal regulation of pea isolated apex development. Plant Physiol., 79, ( 2), pt. 2:7.
- Gupta SC, Chandra N (1985). Control of organogenesis in cultures of different vegetative explants of Nicotiana plumbaginifolia Viv. Indian. J. Plant. Physiol., 2:145-150.
- Murashige T, Skoog F (1962). A revised medium for rapid growth and bioassays with tobacco tissue cultures. Physiol. Plant., 15:473-497. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-3054.1962.tb08052.x
- Lloyd G, McCown (1981). Commercially feasible micropropagation of mountain laurel, Kalmia latifolia, by use of shoot tip culture. Proc. Intern. Plant Prop. Soc., 30:421-427.
- Anderson WC (1975). Propagation of rhododendrons by tissue culture. Part1. Development of culture medium for multiplication of shoots. Proc. Intern. Plant Prop. Soc., 25:1929-1935.
- Butenko RG (1975). Experimental morphogenesis and differentiation in culture of cells of plants. Moscow:Nauka: 51 P.
- Skoog F, Miller CO (1957). Chemical regulation of growth and organ formation in plant tissues cultured in vitro. In: The biological action of growth substances: Symp. Soc. Exp. Biol. Cambridge, 11:118.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.