Author(s): Tao Xu, Na An, Wenjie Li, Qing Sun, Hui Zhang
Aim: To explore the effect of electroacupuncture (EA) on the expression of mdm2 following hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE). Method: The hypoxic-ischemic models were established by colligating bilateral common carotid artery in new-bore SD rats aged 7 days. All rats were randomly divided into sham-surgery, model, sham-EA, EA, antagonist and EA plus antagonist group which subdivided 1d, 3d, 7d, and 21d time-phases. Ultra-structure of neurons was observed using TEM, real-time PCR was used to determine the level of mdm2 mRNA, and the expression of mdm2 was tested with Western Blot. Results: TEM shown that At 21d, the damnification of neurons had evidently recovery with electroacupuncture treatment. The down-regulation of mdm2 was observed in electroacupuncture group, which was significantly lower than that in model groups (P<0.05). Conclusion: Electroacupuncture could obviously lighten the damage of ultrastructure of neurons to protect the neurons from HIE by inhibiting the expression of mdm2.
Electroacupuncture, Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy, MDM2, Rats
- Wand Wei-ping. Pediatrics.Beijing: People's Medical Publishing House, 2013:107.
- Ogawara Y, Kishishita S, Obata T, Isazawa Y, Suzuki T, Tanaka K, Masuyama N, Gotoh Y. Akt enhances Mdm2-mediated ubiquitination and degradation of p53. J Biol Chem, 2002, 277(24): 21843-21850.
- Tsuji M, Higuchi Y, Shiraishi K, Kume T, Akaike A, Hattori H. Protective effect of aminoguanidine on hypoxic-ischeic brain damage and temporal profile of brain nitric oxide in neonatal rat. Pediatr Res, 2000, 47(1):79-83.
- Chen J, Sanberg PR, Li Y, Wang L, Lu M, Willing AE, Sanchez-Ramos J, Chopp M. Intravenous administration of human umbilical cord blood reduces behavioral deficits after stroke in rats. Stroke, 2001, 32(11):2682-2688.
- LIN Wen-zhu. Experimental acupuncture science. Shanghai: Shanghai science and Technology Press, 1994:268.
- Cahilly-Snyder L, Yang-Feng T, Francke U, George DL. Molecular analysis andchromosomal mapping of amplified genes isolated from a transformed mouse 3T3 cell line. Somat Cell Mol Genet, 1987,13(3):235-244.
- Ghosh M,Huang K, Berberich SJ. Overexpression of mdm2 and mdnlxfusion proteins alter p53 mediated transactivation ubiquilination anddegradation. Biochemistry, 2003, 42(8): 2291- 2299.
- Ni Hong, Xing Wen-ge, Li Bin, Guo Zhi, Liu Fang. In vlvo study of the effect of MDM2-p53 feedback loop on the sensitivity to cisplatin in ovarian cancer. Cancer Research and Clinic, 2007,24(8):509-511.
- Perry ME, Mendrysa SM, Saucedo LJ, et al. p76(MDM2) inhibits the ability of p90(MDM2) to destabilize p53. J Biol Chem, 2000,275(8):5733-5738.
- Bartel F, Pinkert D, Fiedler W, et al. Expression of alternatively and aberrantly spliced transcripts of the MDM2 mRNA is not tumor-specific. Int J Oncol, 2004,24(1):143-151.
- Gajjar M, Candeias MM, Malbert-Colas L, Mazars A, Fujita J, Olivares-Illana V, Fahraeus R. The p53 mRNA-Mdm2 interaction controls Mdm2 nuclear trafficking and is required for p53 activation following DNA damage. Cancer Cell, 2012, 21(1):25-35.
- Qin Q, Baudry M, Liao G, Noniyev A, Galeano J, Bi X. A novel function for p53: regulation of growth cone motility through interaction with Rho kinase. J Neurosci 2009, 29(16): 5183-5192.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.