Author(s): Zhan-zhu Lv, Chun-xi Zheng, Rong-rong Dou, Bin Han, Run-hua Tian, Yan Wei
Objective To investigate the changes of serum lipoprotein(a) [Lp(a)] and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) in primary nephrotic syndrome (PNS). Methods 60 PNS cases whose renal pathological types were identified and 57 healthy physical examination people as normal controls (NC) were selected. Automatic biochemical analyzer detected the levels of serum Lp(a) and blood lipids. Enzyme-linked immunosorbent (Elisa) method tested the concentration of serum PAI-1. The nonparametric Spearman rank coefficient test was used to analyze correlations between variables. Results Compared with the NC group, Lp(a) and PAI-1 were significantly higher in PNS group (P<0.05). Lp(a), PAI-1 and lipids were found negatively related with albumin in PNS group. Lp(a) was positively correlated with PAI-1 in PNS patients, and the Spearman rank coefficient was 0.381 (P=0.003) Binary logistic regression analysis results showed that Lp(a) and PAI-1 were two risk factors in group PNS. Conclusions Lp(a) and PAI-1 concentrations are increased obviously in PNS patients, and Lp(a) was positively correlated with PAI-1 in PNS patients. They could be two risk factors of PNS patients.
Lipoprotein(a), Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-1, Primary Nephrotic Syndrome
- Pannier, B., et al., Postischemic vasodilation, endothelial activation, and cardiovascular remodeling in end-stage renal disease. Kidney Int, 2000. 57(3): p. 1091-9.
- Malyszko, J., Mechanism of endothelial dysfunction in chronic kidney disease. Clinica Chimica Acta, 2010. 411(19-20): p. 1412-1420.
- Gouni-Berthold, I. and H.K. Berthold, Lipoprotein(a): current perspectives. Curr Vasc Pharmacol, 2011. 9(6): p. 682-92.
- Fortenberry, Y.M., Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 inhibitors: a patent review (2006-present). Expert Opin Ther Pat, 2013. 23(7): p. 801-15.
- Kamstrup, P.R., A. Tybjaerg-Hansen and B.G. Nordestgaard, Extreme lipoprotein(a) levels and improved cardiovascular risk prediction. J Am Coll Cardiol, 2013. 61(11): p. 1146-56.
- Malgorzewicz, S., E. Skrzypczak-Jankun and J. Jankun, Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in kidney pathology (Review). Int J Mol Med, 2013. 31(3): p. 503-10.
- Ghosh, A.K. and D.E. Vaughan, PAI-1 in tissue fibrosis. Journal of Cellular Physiology, 2012. 227(2): p. 493-507.
- Eddy, A.A. and A.B. Fogo, Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in chronic kidney disease: evidence and mechanisms of action. J Am Soc Nephrol, 2006. 17(11): p. 2999-3012.
- Hu, P., et al., Characteristics of lipid metabolism under different urinary protein excretion in children with primary nephrotic syndrome. Scand J Clin Lab Invest, 2009. 69(6): p. 680-6.
- Berg, K., A New Serum Type System in Man-the LP System. Acta Pathol Microbiol Scand, 1963. 59: p. 369-82.
- Dube, J.B., et al., Lipoprotein(a): more interesting than ever after 50 years. Curr Opin Lipidol, 2012. 23(2): p. 133-40.
- Li, H.Q., et al., The level of native and oxidized lipoprotein(a) in children with nephrotic syndrome. Clin Biochem, 2012. 45(1-2): p. 101-5.
- Enkhmaa, B., et al., Lipoprotein(a): genotype-phenotype relationship and impact on atherogenic risk. Metab Syndr Relat Disord, 2011. 9(6): p. 411-8.
- Zlatohlavek, L., et al., Lipoprotein(a) and its position among other risk factors of atherosclerosis. Physiol Res, 2008. 57(5): p. 777-83.
- Kronenberg, F., Dyslipidemia and nephrotic syndrome: recent advances. J Ren Nutr, 2005. 15(2): p. 195-203.
- Kronenberg, F. and G. Utermann, Lipoprotein(a): resurrected by genetics. J Intern Med, 2013. 273(1): p. 6-30.
- SOMERS, E.C., et al., Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-1 Is Associated with Impaired Endothelial Function in Women with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 2005. 1051(1): p. 271-280.
- Hertig, A. and E. Rondeau, Plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1: the two faces of the same coin. Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens, 2004. 13(1): p. 39-44.
- Dimova, E.Y., A. Samoylenko and T. Kietzmann, Oxidative stress and hypoxia: implications for plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 expression. Antioxid Redox Signal, 2004. 6(4): p. 777-91.
- Luo, Y., C. Wang and H. Tu, Impact of the 4G/5G polymorphism in the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene on primary nephrotic syndrome. Mol Med Rep, 2014. 9(3): p. 894-8.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.