Author(s): Chunyu Lv, Shuguang Zhang
This paper proposes a technique using Discrete Wavelet Transform (DWT) and Back-Propagation Neural Network (BPNN) to identify the fault types on transmission line of 10kv rural power grid. The PSCAD is used to simulate fault signals. The mother wavelet daubechies4 (db4) is employed to decompose high frequency component from these signals. The variations of first scale high frequency component that detect fault are used as an input for the training pattern. The result has shown that the proposed technique gives satisfactory results.
Discrete Wavelet Transform, Neural Network, Transmission Line, Fault Classification, PSCAD
- LI Xiao-song,NI Bin,LI Bin,et al.Analysis on the factors influencing theoretical line loss for rural low-voltage distribution network[J]. Journal of Electric Power Science and Technology,2013,4(11):59-64.
- W.D. Breingan, M.M Chen and T.F. Gallen.Laboratory Investigation for a Digital System for the Protection of Transmission Lines[J].IEEE Transaction on Power Apparatus and Systems,1979, 98(2):pp. 350-368.
- T.Dalstein and B. Kulicke.Neural Network approachto fault classification for high speed protective relaying[J] .IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery,1995,10(2): pp. 1002-1009.
- A. Ferrero, S. Sangiovanni and E. Zappitelli.A Fuzzy-set approach to fault-type identification in digital relaying[J]. IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery,1995,10(1):pp. 169-175.
- Ahmad Salehi Dobakhshari, Ali Mohammad Ranjbar. A Wide-Area Scheme for Power System Fault Location Incorporating Bad Data Detection[J]. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery,2015,30(2):800-807.
- Papiya Dutta, Ahad Esmaeilian, Mladen Kezunovic.Transmission-Line Fault Analysis Using Synchronized Sampling[J].IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery,2014, 29(2): pp.942-950.
- P. Makming, S. Bunjongjit, A. Kunakorn, S. Jiriwibhakorn and M.Kando. Fault diagnosis in transmission lines using wavelet transforms[C]. IEEE Transmission and Distribution Conference, Yokohama, Japan,October 2002, pp. 2246-2250
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.