Author(s): Hua Chen C, Limei Lian, Xue-chun Wang, Wei-Na Jiang
Download Full PDF
Read Complete Article
Volume 5 - Feb 2016
Background: OTUB1 is a new member of ovarian-tumor-domain-containing proteases (OTUs), a deubiquitinating enzymes family (DUBs), which is a cysteine proteasome-associated DUB to be involved in the Ub-dependent degradation of proteins. Therefore the expression of OTUB1 in colon cancer was examined and compared with precancerous lesion and normal colonic mucosa. Material/Methods: Tissue samples were obtained from 60 patients, and we took a piece of tissue from three different parts of the same patient, colon cancer, precancerous lesion and normal mucosa, respectively. Immunohistochemistry were carried out in colon cancer, precancerous lesion and normal mucosa. Results: Precancerous lesions and colon cancer tissues showed strong expression of OTUB1 in the cell cytoplasm. The expression of OTUB1 protein in the colon cancer was significantly higher than precancerous lesion and normal mucosa (P<0.05). Moreover, its expression in normal mucosa, precancerous lesion and colon cancer showed a gradually ascendant trend (P< 0.05).
OTUB1, Colon cancer, Immunohistochemistry
- Bond JH. Polyp guideline: diagnosis, treatment and surveillance for patients with colorectal polyps[ J ]. Am J Gastroenterol, 2000, 95(11): 3053–63.
- Lindsey A.Torre, Freddie Bray, et al. Global Cancer Statistics 2012[ J ]. CA CANCER J CLIN 2015; 65:87–108.
- D. Cunningham, W. Atkin, H. Lenz, H.T. Lynch, B. Minsky, B. Nordlinger, N.Starling. Colorectal cancer[ J ]. Lancet 375 (2010) : 1030–1047.
- Shaukat A, Mongin SJ, Geisser MS, et al ,Long-term mortality after screening for colorectal cancer[ J ]. N Engl JMed，2013,369(12) ：1106‐1114 ．
- Frias-Staheli N, Giannakopoulos N, Kikkert M, Taylor S, Bridgen A, et al. (2007) Ovarian tumor domain-containing viral proteases evade ubiquitin and ISG15-dependent innate immune responses[ J ]. Cell Host & Microbe. pp 404–416.
- M.E.Sowa, E.J.Bennett, S.P.Gygi, J.W.Harper. Defining the human deubiquitinating enzyme interaction landscape[ J ]. Cell 138 (2009) : 389–403.
- S.M. Nijman, M.P. Luna-Vargas, A. Velds, T.R. Brummelkamp, A.M. Dirac, T.K. Sixma, R. Bernards. A genomic and functional inventory of deubiquitinating enzymes[ J ]. Cell 123 (2005): 773–786.
- Ernst R, Mueller B, Ploegh H, Schlieker. The Otubain YOD1 Is a Deubiquitinating Enzyme that Associates with p97 to Facilitate Protein Dislocation from the ER[ J ]. MOLECULAR CELL,2009: 28–38.
- Pickart CM, Cohen RE Proteasomes and their kin: proteases in the machine age[ J ]. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol,2004,(5): 177–187.
- Sun X x , Challagundla K B , D aiM S． Positi ve reg u lation ofp53 stability and activi tyby the deubiquitinating enzym e otubain 1[ J ]. E M BO J, 20 12,31 (3 )：57 6 —92
- Herhaus L,A1一 Sa lihiM ，M aeartney T, et a1. OTUB1 enhances TG F I 3 signalling by inhibiting the ubiquitylation and degradation of active SM D2/3 [ J ]. N at c ommun ,20 13 ,4 :25 19．
- Messick TE, Russell NS, Iwata AJ, Sarachan KL, Shiekhattar R, et al. Structural basis for ubiquitin recognition by the OTU1 ovarian tumor domain protein[ J ]. Journal of Biological Chemistry (2008) 283: 11038–11049.
- Nijman SMB, Luna-Vargas MPA, Velds A, Brummelkamp TR, Dirac AMG, et al. A genomic and functional inventory of deubiquitinating enzymes[ J ]. Cell(2005)123: 773–786.
- Makarova KS, Aravind L, Koonin EV A novel superfamily of predicted cysteine proteases from eukaryotes, viruses and Chlamydia pneumoniae[ J ].Trends in Biochemical Sciences (2000) 25: 50–52.
- Amerik A, Hochstrasser M. Mechanism and function of deubiquitinating enzymes[ J ]. Biochimica Et Biophysica Acta-Molecular Cell Research. (2004)pp 189–207.
- Inoue Y, Miyamoto S, Fukami T, Shirota K, Yotsumoto F, Kawarabayashi T. Amphiregulin is much more abundantly expressed than transforming growth factor-alpha and epidermal growth factor in human follicular fluid obtained from patients undergoing in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer[ J ]. Fertil Steril 2009; 91:1035–1041.
- Peluffo MC, Ting AY, Zamah AM, Conti M, Stouffer RL, Zelinski MB, Hennebold JD. Amphiregulin promotes the maturation of oocytes isolated from the small antral follicles of the rhesus macaque[ J ]. Hum Reprod 2012; 27:2430–2437.
- Zhong J, Zhao M, Ma Y, et al. UCHL1 acts as a colorectal cancer oncogene via activation of the β-catenin / TCF pathway through its deubiquitinating activity[ J ]. Int J Mol Med, 2012, 30(2):430 -6.
- Sun,X.X.,Challagundla,K.B.,and Dai,M.S. Positive regulation of p53 stability and activity by the deubiquitinating enzyme Otubain 1[ J ]. EMBO J31;2012: 576-592
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.