Author(s): Liu Xiaoping, Yu Zhongjie, Jiang Shasha, Wang Yi, Yang Tongxi, Wang Chunxue
BMSCs were isolated, cultured and proliferated in vitro. The proliferation of mouse BMSCs treated with different concentrations of LPS and NNK were detected by MTT assay, the expression of NF-κB and CUGBP1 in the BMSCs were analyzed by Immunocytochemistry assay and Western Blot. MTT results shown that different concentrations of LPS and NNK could promote the proliferation of BMSCs and the promotion effect of LPS12.5μg/ml, NNK10μg/ml and LPS12.5μg/ml combined NNK 10μg/ml was much more significant than others. Immunocytochemistry and Western Blot revealed that the location and the expression level of NF-κB and CUGBP1 in BMSCs treated with LPS and NNK were changed with different incubation time. The highest expression of NF-κB was detected at the LPS48h, NNK24h and LPS combined NNK24h and significant difference can be seen in-group compared. The highest expression of CUGBP1 was LPS96h, NNK48h and LPS combined NNK24h and significant difference can be seen in-group compared. The irritation of LPS and NNK on the proliferation of mouse BMSCs may mediate by up-regulating the expression of NF-κB and CUGBP1.
Bone Marrow Stem Cells (BMSCs), Cell proliferation, NF-κB, CUGBP1.
- NgKK, LoCM. Liver transplantation in Asia: past, present and future. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2009; 38(4):322-32. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19434335
- Koji Takashima, Miyoko Matsushima, Katsunori Hashimoto, Haruka Nose, Mitsuo Sato, Naozumi Hashimoto, et al. Protective effects of intratracheally administered quercetin on lipopolysaccharide induced acute lung injury. Respiratory Research 2014; 15(1):150-54. DOI: 10.1186/s12931-014-0150-x
- Jiaping Xuem, SupingYangm, SeyhaSeng. Mechanism of cancer inducted by tobacco specific NNK and NNN. Cancers 2014; 6(2):1138-56. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24830349
- Shen R R, Zhou A Y, E Kim, J T O'Connell, D Hagerstrand, R Beroukhim, et al.TRAF2 is an NF-κB-activating oncogene in epithelial cancers. Oncogene 2015; 34(2):209-16. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24362534
- InKyung Jeong, Da Hee Oh, SeungJoon Park, JaHeon Kang, Sunshin Kim, Myung Shik Lee, et al. Inhibition of NF-κB prevents high glucose-induced proliferation and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 expression in vascular smooth muscle cells. Exp Mol Med 2011; 43(12):684-92. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21975282
- Sanjeev Shukla, Rajnee Kanwal, Eswar Shankar, Manish Datt, Mark R. Chance, Pingfu Fu, et al. Apigenin blocks IKKa activation and suppresses prostate cancer progression. Oncotarget 2015; 6 (31):31216–32. DOI: 10.18632/oncotarget.5157
- Ma Xiaodong, Lindsey E, Becker Buscaglia, Juanita R. Barker, Yong Li. MicroRNAs in NF-κB signaling. J Mol Cell Biol 2011; 3(3):159-66. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21502305
- DasguptaT, LaddAN. The importance of CELF control: molecular and biological roles of the CUG-BP, Elavlike family of RNA-binding proteins. Wiley Interdiscip Rev RNA 2012; 3(1): 104 -21. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22180311
- Zhu Qinghai, Wang Yanying, Zhang Manli. Expression of CUGBP 1 in hepatic cellular carcinoma and its effect on cell proliferation. Chinese Journal of Experimental Surgery 2014; 31(1):159-61. DOI: 10.3760/cma.j.issn.1001-9030.2014.01.055
- Zhang Jing, Cao Liuxia, Yu Shufei, Liu Xiaoping, Chen Chen, Bian Jingjing, et al. Expression of CUGBP1in human lung adenocarcinoma tissue and cell. Medical Journal of Qilu 2014; 29(3): 207-09. DOI: 10.13362/j.qlyx.201403007
- Yang C, Ling H, Zhang M, Yang Z, Wang X, Zeng F, et al. Oxidative stress mediates chemical hypoxia-induced injury and inflammation by activating NF-κB-COX-2 pathway in HaCaT cells. Mol Cells 2011; 31(6):531-38. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21533553
- Fei Chen, Vince Castranova, Xianglin Shi, Laurence M. Demers. New Insights into the Role of Nuclear Factor-kB, a Ubiquitous Transcription Factor in the Initiation of Diseases. Clinical Chemistry 1999; 45(1):7–17. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9895331
- Manoj K, Pandey, Bokyung Sung, Ajaikumar B, Kunnumakkara, Gautam Sethi, et al. Modifies Cysteine 179 of IKBA Kinase, Suppresses Nuclear Factor-KB–Regulated Antiapoptotic Gene Products, and Potentiates Apoptosis. Cancer Res 2008; 68(13):5370-79. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18593939
- Gong J, Xie J, Bedolla R, Rivas P, Chakravarthy D, Freeman JW, et al. Combined targeting of STAT3/ NF-κB /COX-2/EP4 for effective management of pancreatic cancer. Clin Cancer Res 2014; 20(5):1259-73. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24520096
- Jiang J, Grieb B, Thyagarajan A, Sliva D. Ganoderic acids suppress growth and invasive behavior of breast cancer cells by modulating AP-1 and NF-kappaB signaling. Int J Mol Med 2008; 21(5):577-84. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18425349
- Li Heping, Zeng Xiancheng, Zhang Bing, Long Jianting, Zhou Bo, Tan Guosheng, et al. miR-451 inhibits cell proliferation in human hepatic cellular carcinoma through direct suppression of IKK-β. Carcinogenesis 2013; 34(11):2443-51. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23740840
- J. Wang, L.R.Bégin, N.G. Bérubé,S. Chevalier, A.G. Aprikian, H. Gourdeau, et al. Down regulation of CD9 expression during prostate carcinoma progression is associated with CD9 mRNA modifications. Clin Cancer Res 2007; 13 (8):2354-61. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17406028
- Virginie Gandemer, Anne-GaëlleRio, Mariede Tayrac, VonnickSibut, Stéphanie Mottier, Béatrice Ly Sunnaram, et al. Five distinct biological processes and 14 differentially expressed genes characterize TEL/AML1-positive leukemia. BMC Genomics 2007; 23(8):385 DOI: 10.1186/1471-2164-8-385
- Olivier Le Tonquèze, Bernhard Gschloessl, Allen Namanda-Vanderbeken, Vincent Legagneux,
- Luc Paillard, Yann Audic. Chromosome wide analysis of CUGBP1 binding sites identifies the tetraspan in CD9 mRNA as a target for CUGBP1-mediated down-regulation. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 2010; 394(4):884–89 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20227387
- SudhaTalwar, Sundaravadivel Balasubramanian, Santhanalakshmi Sundaramurthy, Reniqua House, Carol J. Wilusz, et al. Over expression of RNA-binding protein CELF1 prevents apoptosis and destabilizes pro-apoptotic mRNAs in oral cancer cells. RNA Biology 2013; 10(2):277-86. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23324604
- Liang Xia, Caixing Sun, Qinglin Li, Fang Feng, EnqiQiao, Limin Jiang, et al. CELF1 is Up- Regulated in Glioma and Promotes Glioma Cell Proliferation by Suppression of CDKN1B. International Journal of Biological Sciences 2015; 11(11):1314-24. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26535026
- Jin J, Iakova P, Jiang Y, Lewis K, Sullivan E, Jawanmardi N, et al. Transcriptional and Translational Regulation of C/EBPβ-HDAC1 Protein Complexes Controls Different Levels of p53, SIRT1, and PGC1α Proteins at the Early and Late Stages of Liver Cancer. J Biol Chem 2013; 288(20):14451-62. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23564453
- Phouthone Keohavong, Beth Kahkonen, Jinling Yin, Xiaoping Liu, Y. Peter Di, et al. K-ras Mutations in Lung Tumors from NNK-treated Mice with Lipopolysaccharide-elicited Lung Inflammation. ANTICANCER RESEARCH 2011; 31(9):2877-82. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21868532
- Bharat B. Aggarwal, Shishir Shishodia, Santosh K. Sandur, Manoj K. Pandey, Gautam Sethi, et al. Inflammation and cancer: How hot is the link? Biochemical Pharmacology 2006; 72 (11): 1605-21. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16889756
- Peebles KA, Lee JT, Hazra S, Reckamp KL, Krysan K, Dohadwala M, et al. Inflammation and lung carcinogenesis: applying findings in prevention and treatment. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 2007; 7(10):1405–21. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17944566
- Krysan K, Lee JM, Dohadwala M, Gardner BK, Reckamp KL, Garon E, et al. Inflammation, epithelial to mesenchymal transition, and epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor resistance. J Thorac Oncol 2008; 3(2):107–10. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18303428
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.