Lakshmaiah K. C, Usha Amirtham, Suresh Babu, Venugopal Arroju, Govind Babu K, Lokanatha Dasappa, Linu Abraham Jacob, Lokesh K.N, Rudresh AH, Rajeev LK, Sunny Garg, Smitha Carol Saldanha
Volume 5 - March 2016 (03)
Adrenocortical carcinoma is a rare cancer, with an incidence in the literature of 0.5 to 2 cases per million population per year which has a poor prognosis..There is limited data in Indian population. Hence we undertook this retrospective observational study of adrenal cortical carcinoma at our center in Southern India. This study includes 5 consecutive cases diagnosed as adrenal cortical carcinoma between January 2009 and December 2015 was included.
- Bilimoria KY, Shen WT, Elaraj D, Bentrem DJ, Winchester DJ, Kebebew E, et al. Adrenocortical carcinoma in the United States: treatment utilization and prognostic factors. Cancer. 2008;113:3130–6.
- Abiven G, Coste J, Groussin L, Anract P, Tissier F, Legmann P, et al. Clinical and biological features in the prognosis of adrenocortical cancer: poor outcome of cortisol-secreting tumors in a series of 202 consecutive patients. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006;91:2650–5.
- Faria AM, Almeida MQ. Differences in the molecular mechanisms of adrenocortical tumorigenesis between children and adults. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;351:52–7
- McAteer JP, Huaco JA, Gow KW. Predictors of survival in pediatric adrenocortical carcinoma: a Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) program study. J Pediatr Surg. 2013;48:1025–31.
- Hanna AM, Pham TH, Askegard-Giesmann JR, Grams JM, Iqbal CW, Stavlo P, et al. Outcome of adrenocortical tumors in children. J Pediatr Surg. 2008;43:843–9.
- Isaacs Jr H. Fetal and newborn adrenocortical tumors. Fetal Pediatr Pathol. 2010;29:99–107.
- Michalkiewicz E, Sandrini R, Figueiredo B, Miranga ECM, Caran E, Oliveira-Filho AG, et al. Clinical and outcome characteristics of children with adrenocortical tumors: a report from the international pediatric adrenocortical tumor registry. J Clin Oncol. 2004;22:838–45.
- Faria AM, Almeida MQ. Differences in the molecular mechanisms of adrenocortical tumorigenesis between children and adults. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;351:52–7.
- Mantero F, Terzolo M, Arnaldi G, Osella G, Masini AM, Ali A, et al. A survey on adrenal incidentaloma in Italy. J Clinical Endocrinol Metab. 2000;85:637–44.
- Young Jr WF. Conventional imaging in adrenocortical carcinoma: update and perspectives. Horm Canc. 2011;2:341–7.
- Zhang HM, Perrier ND, Grubbs EG, Sircar K, Ye ZX, Lee JE, et al. CT features and quantification of the characteristics of adrenocortical carcinomas on unenchanced and contrast-enhanced studies. Clin Radiol. 2012;67:38–46.
- Fassnacht M, Kroiss M, Allolio B. Update in adrenocortical carcinoma. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98:4551–64.
- Weiss LM. Comparative histologic study of 43 metastasizing and Nonmetastasizing adrenocortical tumors. Am J Surg Pathol. 1984;8:163–9.
- Aubert S, Wacrenier A, Leroy X, Devos P, Carnaille B, Proye C, et al. Weiss system revisited: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 49 adrenocortical tumors. Am J Surg Pathol. 2002;26:1612–9.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.