Hong Yu, Jing Wang, YujingWang, Chunmei Liu
Volume 5 - March 2016 (03)
To investigate the effects of small interfering RNA (siRNA ) SIRT1 on the proliferation of human cervical cancer cells with the hopes of finding new diagnostic and therapeutic modalities. Chemical synthesis of siRNA targeted against SIRT1 were transfected into human cervical cancer C33A cells by Lipofectmine RNAi-MAX liposomes, on harvesting at 72h after transfection, the total RNA were extracted by the TRIZOL reagent and reverse transcribed into cDNA with the PrimeScript RT-PCR kit, and the expression level of SIRT1 mRNA was detected by RT-PCR. The cell proliferation was performed by CCK-8 method. RT-PCR results indicated that the mRNA expression of siRNA SIRT1 group was significantly down-regulated (P<0.05) compared to the control groups. CCK-8 proliferation assay showed that the inhibition rate of siRNA SIRT1 group was 53.1%, while the negative control group was 35.4%, the inhibition rate of transfection reagent control group was 11.5%. The inhibition rate of siRNA-SIRT1 group was significantly higher than other groups. Conclusion SIRT1 siRNA could down-regulate the expression of SIRTl mRNA, inhibit the proliferation of C33A cells, suggesting that SIRTl has promoting abilities in human cervical cancer.
SIRT1, RNAi, Cervical Cancer Cell
-  Wright K O, Aiyedehin O, Akinyinka M R, et al. Cervical cancer: community perception and preventive practices in an urban neighborhood of lagos (Nigeria).[J]. ISRN Preventive Medicine, 2014, (2014): 9. doi: 10.1155/2014/950534.950534
-  Berraho M, Obtel M, Bendahhou K, et al. Sociodemographic factors and delay in the diagnosis of cervical cancer in Morocco.[J]. Pan African Medical Journal, 2012, 12(1):14.
-  Deng CX. SIRT1, is it a tumor promoter or tumor suppressor [J]. Int J Biol Sci.2009, 5(2):147-152．
-  Li K, Luo J. The role of SIRT1 in tumorigenesis[J]. N Am J Med Sci.2011, 4(2): 104-106.
-  Pauley KM, Cha S. RNAi therapeutics in autoimmune Disease[J]. Pharmaceuticals. 2013, 6(3): 287-294.
-  Dykxhoorn D M, Judy L. Knocking down disease with siRNAs.[J]. Cell, 2006, 126(2):231-5.
-  Lee H, Kim KR, Noh SJ, et al. Expression of DBC1 and SIRT1 is associated with poor prognosis for breast carcinoma[J]. Hum Pathol. 2011, 42(2): 204–213.
-  Grbesa I, Pajares MJ, Martínez-Terroba E, et al. Expression of sirtuin 1 and 2 is associated with poor prognosis in non-small cell lung cancer patients[J]. PLoS One.2015, 10(4):e0124670.
-  Jang KY, Kim KS, Hwang SH et al. Expression and prognostic significance of SIRT1 in ovarian epithelial tumours[J].Pathology. 2009, 41(4):366–371
-  Chen J, Zhang B, Wong N, et al. Sirtuin 1 is unregulated in a subset of hepatocellular carcinomas where it is essential for telomere maintenance and tumor cell growth[J]. Cancer Res 2011, 71(12): 4138-4149
-  Huffman DM, Grizzle WE, Bamman MM, et al. SIRT1 is significantly elevated in mouse and human prostate cancer[J]. Cancer Res. 2007, 67(14):6612–6618.
-  Firestein R, Blander G, Michan S, et al. The SIRT1 deacetylase suppresses intestinal tumorigenesis and colon cancer growth[J]. Plos one, 2008, 3(4): e2020.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.