Ethno botanical surveys were conducted from October, 2011 through September, 2012 in the Jannaram, Kaddam, Utnoor and Indravelly, mandals of Adilabad district, Andhra Pradesh, India. Information on 40 angiosperms belonging to 24 families was gathered with regard to their ethno medicinal plants used by the tribal people in alleviating diseases. The medicinal plants used by local tribal traditional healers are arranged alphabetically followed by botanical name, family names, local name, parts used, mode of preparation and medicinal uses. This paper reports for the uses of plant parts by the tribal people in the form of juices, extracts, decoctions, pastes and powders.
Ethno medicines, Adilabad district, tribal people, Andhra Pradesh.
- Albert L, Sajem and Kuldip Gosai, 2006. Traditional use of medicinal plants by the Jaintia tribes in North Cachar Hills district of Assam, northeast India., Journal of Ethno biology and Ethno medicine; 2(33):1-7
- Census of India. 2011.Household Schedule-Side Government of India
- Ghosh A, 2003. Herbal folk remedies of Bankura and Medinipur districts, West Bengal (India). Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge. 2:393-396
- Hemadrri K, 1984. Medicinal plants in Andhra Pradesh (Telugu Academe, Hyderabad)
- Jain SK and Rao RR, 1977. Field and Herbarium Methods, (To day & Tomorrows publication, New Delhi)
- Madhu V and Rajesh Y. 2011. Investigation on Ethno-medicinal plants used to cure skin diseases in Adilabad District, Andhra Pradesh, India. Ethno botanical Leaflets 5:742-745
- Madhu V and Suvartha C. 2009. Ethno botanical and Ethno medicinal Observations in Nirmal Division of Adilabad District, Andhra Pradesh, India. Ethno botanical Leaflets 13: 1003-1016
- Madhu V and Swamy T. 2010. Ethno medicine against Jaundice Used by Gond Tribal of Adilabad District, Andhra Pradesh, India. Ethno botanical Leaflets 14: 687-693
- Mubeen, Rizwana, Sadia Fatima, Atiya Khanum, Irfan Ali Khan and S. Y. Anwar. 2005. Medicinally important plants growing in and around Adilabad district of Andhra Pradesh used in the treatment of different ailments. (Eds.), III, 118--180
- Pullaiah T, Prasanna P and Obulesu G. 1992. Flora of Adilabad District (Andhra Pradesh, India), 284
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.