Author(s): Ismail Massalimov, Zaynitdinova R.M., Shaynurova A.R., Mustafin A.G.
Investigations of antifungal activity of micron and nanoscale forms of sulfur on two types of pathogenic Schutte fungi have been studied. As micronized sulfur used crushed in a roller mill, and as nanosized sulfur precipitated from a solution of sodium polysulfide. The size and shape of the particles of sulfur were characterized using a laser analyzer and probe microscope, the structure by X-ray diffractometer. Antifungal effects of sulfur particles in Sabouraud medium and field expierence have been studied. It is found that in all cases of laboratory and field expierence, antifungal activity of nanosized sulfur with an average particle size of 25 nm, 5-10 times higher than the sulfur micron with an average particle size of 8 microns. The results can be used to create more effective than conventional sulfur plant protection products.
sulfur, nanoparticles, dispersion, fungicide, Schutte fungi
- Kewal K. Jain (2008) The Handbook of Nanomedicine, Humana Press, 404
- Deshpande A.S., Khomane R. B., Vaidya B.K., Joshi R.M., Harle A.S., Kulkarni B. D. (2008) Sulfur nanoparicles synthesis and characterization from H2S gas, using novel biodegradable iron chelates in W/O microemulsion. Nanoscale Res. Lett.3, 221-229. doi: 10.1007/s11671-008-9140-6
- Y.Guo, J. Zhao, S.Yang, K.Yu, Z. Wang, and H. Zhang. (2006) Preparation and characterization of monoclinic sulfur nanoparticles by water-in-oil microemulsions technique. Powder Technology, v.162, issue 2, 1 March, 83-86
- X.E. Xie, W.J. Zheng, Y. Bai, J. Liu. (2009) Cystine modified nanosulfur and its spectral properties. J. Mat. Lett. 63,1374-1376
- Chaudhuri R.G., Paria S. (2010) Synthesis of sulfur nanoparticles in aqueous surfactant solutions J. of Colloid and Interface Science, 343, 439-446
- Massalimov I.A., Mustafin A.G., Shangareeva A.R., Khusainov A.N., Zaynitdinova R.M. (2012) Obtaining sulfur nanoparticles from sodium polysulfide aqueous solution. J. Chem. Chem. Eng. 6, 233-241
- Abdrakipova L.F., Massalimov I.A., Mustafin A.G. (2011) Regulator of growth of wheat on the basis of nanoscale sulfur. Quarantine and Plant Protection, â„– 9, 33-35
- Massalimov, I. A.; Kireeva, M. S.; Vikhareva, I. N. (2008) Alkaline and Alkaline Earth Metals Application for Obtaining Highly-Dispersed Sulfur. Journal of Applied Chemistry, 81(2), 195 -199
- Samrat Roy Choudhury, Mahua Ghosh, Arunava Goswami. Inhibitory Effects of Sulfur Nanoparticles on Membrane Lipids. of Aspergillus niger: A Novel Route of Fungistasis. Curr Microbiology 2012, V. 65, Issue 1, pp. 91-97
- Rajesh Kumar, Kishore Kumar Nair, Md. Imteyaz Alam, Robin Gogoi, Pradeep Kumar Singh, Chitra Srivastava, Saurabh Yadav, Madhuban Gopal, Samarat Roy Chaudhary, Saheli Pradhan and Arunava Goswami Current science, v.100, NO 10, 2011 pp. 1542-1546
- Bailey L. H. Farm and garden rule-book. (2010) Amazon: Macmillan; 18th edition, 587
- Groves A.B. (1950) Sulfur fungicides in fruit production. Soil Science, v.70, Issue 1, 67-72
- Specifications 113-04-327-90 Sulphur 80% wettable powder
- Specifications 113-04-322-40 Colloid sulfur - paste
- Zhuravlev I.I., Sokolov, D.V., (1969) Forest Phytopathology, Moscow Forest Industry Publishing, 368
- Massalimov I.A., Udovenko I.F., Kireeva M.S., Vikhareva I.N. (2006) The use of sulfur-containing aqueous compositions as a plant protection. Bashkir Chemistry Journal. v.13, â„–4. 97-100
- Massalimov, I. A.; Medvedev U.A., Zaynitdinova R.M., Mufazalova N.A., Mustafin A.G. (2012) Assessment of antifungal activity of micronized and nanosized elemental sulfur. Nanotechnology and Nanoscience. v. 3, Issue 1, 55-58
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.