Author(s): Chen Yang, Kun Yang, Xin Jiang
As a brand-new network structure, WLAN Mesh network is a distributed network with large capacity, fast speed and wide coverage. However, the security problems caused by the characteristics of wireless connection are not negligible. This paper proposes a new blockchain-based WLAN Mesh design method, including user encryption module, blockchain authentication module and kernel space module. Using the blockchain technology, each user's access authentication request is treated as a transaction, and all authentication records in the mesh network are treated as public ledgers. This method based on blockchain enables secure access to the network and prevents malicious attacks.
Block chain, WLAN Mesh, Public Ledgers, Access Method
- Abujoda, A.; Dietrich, D.; Papadimitriou, P.; Sathiaseelan, A. (2015): Software-defined wireless mesh networks for internet access sharing. Computer Networks, vol. 93, no. P2, pp. 359-372.
- Choumas, Kostas, S. I. K. T. a. L. (2014): Video-aware multicast opportunistic routing over 802.11 two-hop mesh networks. In Eleventh IEEE International Conference on Sens- ing, Communication, and NETWORKING, pp. 486-494
- Dobbertin, H.; Bosselaers, A.; Preneel, B. (1996): Ripemd-160: A strengthened version of ripemd. Fast Software Encryption Fse, vol. 1039, pp. 71-82.
- Majumder, A.; Roy, S. (2017): Implementation of enhanced forward pointer-based mobil- ity management scheme for handling internet and intranet traffic in wireless mesh network. Telecommunication Systems, pp. 1-24.
- Hiertz G R, Denteneer D, Max S, et al. IEEE 802.11S: the WLAN mesh standard[J]. Wireless Communications IEEE, 2010, 17(1):104-111.
- Kosba A, Miller A, Shi E, et al. Hawk: The Blockchain Model of Cryptography and Privacy-Preserving Smart Contracts[C]// Security & Privacy. IEEE Computer Society, 2016:839-858.
- Pilkington M. Blockchain Technology: Principles and Applications[J]. Social Science Electronic Publishing, 2016.
- Pass R, Seeman L, Shelat A. Analysis of the Blockchain Protocol in Asynchronous Networks[C]// International Conference on the Theory and Applications of Cryptographic Techniques. Springer, Cham, 2017:643-673.
- Vukolić M. The Quest for Scalable Blockchain Fabric: Proof-of-Work vs. BFT Replication[C]// International Workshop on Open Problems in Network Security. Springer, Cham, 2015:112-125.
- Ylihuumo J, Ko D, Choi S, et al. Where Is Current Research on Blockchain Technology?—A Systematic Review[J]. Plos One, 2016, 11(10):e0163477.
- Bahr M. Proposed routing for IEEE 802.11s WLAN mesh networks[J]. 2006:5.
- Rajakumar V, Smadi M N, Ghosh S C, et al. Interference Management in WLAN Mesh Networks Using Free-Space Optical Links[J]. Journal of Lightwave Technology, 2008, 26(13):1735-1743.
- Zhu R. Intelligent rate control for supporting real-time traffic in WLAN mesh networks[M]. Academic Press Ltd. 2011.
- Sherman I, Kangude S. Apparatus for and method of synchronization and beaconing in a WLAN mesh network[J]. 2009.
- Bari S M S, Anwar F, Masud M H. Performance study of hybrid Wireless Mesh Protocol (HWMP) for IEEE 802.11s WLAN mesh networks[C]// International Conference on Computer and Communication Engineering. IEEE, 2012:712-716.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.