Objective: To investigate the effects of muscle inositol on fasting blood glucose (FBG), postprandial 2 h blood glucose (2 h PG) and glycosylated hemoglobin (HbAlc) in patients with type 2 diabetes. Methods: Ninety patients with type 2 diabetes were divided into observation group and control group, 45 cases each. In the observation group, muscle myo-inositol was added to the conventional treatment of diabetes, and the control group was treated with conventional diabetes. The clinical efficacy of FBG in 2 groups was compared between the two groups. The proportion of adverse reactions in the two groups was compared. The changes of FBG, 2 h PG, HbAlc, adiponectin and serum inflammatory factors were compared before and after treatment. Results: The effective rate of FBG and 2 h PG in the observation group was significantly higher than that in the control group (P < 0.05). There was no significant difference in the number of patients with adverse reactions in the two groups (P > O.05). After treatment, 2 The FBG, 2 h PG and HbAlc were significantly lower than those before treatment, and the FBG, 2 h PG and HbAlC decreased significantly in the observation group than in the control group (P < 0.05). The level was significantly higher than that before treatment. The indexes of serum inflammatory factors such as TNF-α and IL-6 were significantly lower than those before treatment. The increase of adiponectin and the decrease of serum inflammatory factor index in the observation group were significantly greater than those in the control group. (P < 0.05). Conclusion: Muscle inositol is effective in the treatment of type 2 diabetes, which can reduce serum inflammatory factors, FBG, 2 hPG and HbAlc.
Myo-inositol, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Fasting Blood Glucose, Postprandial, 2 H Blood Sugar, Glycated Hemoglobintype
- Yang Wei, Song Meiqi, Zhang Qiuling, et al. Comparison of the effects of pioglitazone and metformin on serum retinol binding protein 4 and adiponectin levels in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus complicated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease [J]. Journal of Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, 2014, 36(3): 309-312.
- Yu Zhimin, Fang Minjie, Zhang Wei. Effect of Xiaoke Jiangtang Recipe combined with pioglitazone metformin on patients with type 2 diabetes [J]. Chinese Journal of Experimental Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2015, 21(1): 199-202.
- Zhu Xi, Chen Min, Hu Xiangming. Effect of pioglitazone on serum adiponectin and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein levels in type 2 diabetic patients [J]. Chinese Journal of Modern Medicine, 2013, 23 (26): 87-90.Duliński R, Stodolak B, Byczyński Ł, et al. Solid-State Fermentation Reduces Phytic Acid Level, Improves the Profile of Myo-Inositol Phosphates and Enhances the Availability of Selected Minerals in Flaxseed Oil Cake[J]. Food Technol Biotechnol. 2017, 55(3):413-419
- Yu W, Greenberg ML. Inositol depletion, GSK3 inhibition and bipolar disorder[J]. Future Neurol. 2016, 11(2):135-148
- Facchinetti F, Bizzarri M, Benvenga S, et al. Results from the international consensus conference on myo-inositol and D-chiro-inositol in obstetrics and gynecology: the link between metabolic syndrome and PCOS[J]. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2015, 195:72-76
- Dang NT, Mukai R, Yoshida K, et al. D-pinitol and myo-inositol stimulate translocation of glucose transporter 4 in skeletal muscle of C57BL/6 mice[J]. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74(5):1062-1067
- Kalra S，Ghosh S，Aamir A H．Safe and pragmatic use of sodium--glucose CO••transporter 2 inhibitors in type 2 diabetes mellitus：South Asian Federation of Endocrine Societies COIlsensus statement．[J]．Indian J Endoerinol Metab，2017，21 (1)：2230—8210．
- Liu Yajun, Hou Jianhong. The effect of pioglitazone on visceral fat metabolism in patients with type 2 diabetes or impaired glucose tolerance [J]. Chinese Journal of Diabetes, 2015, 23 (2): 127-130.Prasanna Kumar K M，Ghosh S，Canovatchel W．A review of clinical efficacy and safety of canagliflozin 300 mg in the man• agement of patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus．[J]．Indian J Endocrinol Metab，2017，21(1)：196—209．
- Haas, Meng Bangzhu, Batu Deligen. Clinical study of glimepiride tablets combined with pioglitazone in the treatment of type 2 diabetes patients [J]. Chinese Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 2016, 32(7): 594-596.
- Jiang Teng, Hu Yuhong, Yang Yan, et al. Pioglitazone improves insulin resistance and Alzheimer's disease-like tau phosphorylation in type 2 diabetic rats [J]. Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology: Medical Edition, 2013, 42(2): 137-142.
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.