Author(s): Rui-mei Xue, Mi Wang, Hui Leng, Xiang-rong Sun, Luo Xu
Objective: To investigate the effect of lateral ventricle injection inhibitor nesfatin-1 on glycolipid metabolism and its relationship with hypothalamic AMPK expression. Methods: Nesfatin-1 was injected into the lateral ventricle of the rat by the brain stereotactic technique (nesfatin-1 group), and the sham operation group was injected with an equal volume of artificial cerebrospinal fluid and the control group had no interference factor. The rats were kept for 4 weeks and an automatic biochemical analyzer was used to detect blood sugar and blood lipid levels. The expression of AMPK mRNA in rat hypothalamus was detected by RT-PCR. The expression of AMPKα and phosphorylated AMPKα (pAMPKα) in the rat hypothalamus was detected by Western blot. Results: (1)According to the results of biochemical tests, compared to the control group, the level of FPG and TG in experimental group were significantly decreased (P <0.05), while the level of TC,HDL and LDL were not significant change (P >0.05); (2)According to the results of RT-PCR and Western blotting, compared to control group, the expression of AMPK mRNA and protein level in experimental group were significantly lower (P <0.05) and shown no significant difference (P >0.05) with sham-operated group. Conclusion Nesfatin-1 may play an important role in the process of neuroregulation on glucolipid metabolism, the mechanism may be related to the AMPK expression level of hypothalamus.
Nesfatin-1, Glycolipid Metabolism, AMP-Activated Protein Kinase, Hypothalamus
- Stefanidis A, Wiedmann NM, Adler ES, et al. Hypothalamic control of Adipose tissue [J]. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab, 2014, 28(5): 685-701.
- Morgan DA, Mcdaniel LN, Yin T, et al. Regulation of glucose tolerance and sympathetic activity by MC4R signaling in the lateral hypothalamus [J]. Diabetes, 2015, 64(6): 1976-1987.
- Oh-IS, Shimizu H, Satoh T, et al. Identification of Nesfatin-1 as a satiety molecule in the hypothalamus [J]. Nature, 2006, 443 (7112): 709-712.
- Ye F, Zhu W, Yang GY, et al. Effect of intracerebroventricular infusion of recombinant protein Nesfatin-1 (1-82) on glucose and lipid metabolism [J]. Chinese Journal of Diabetes, 2013, 21(6): 540-543.
- Xia C, Zhu L, Shao W, et al. The Effect of Hippocampal and XIAP on glucose and lipids metabolism in rats [J]. Cell Physiol Biochem, 2016, 38(2): 609-618.
- Farr S, Taher J, Adeli K. Central nervous system regulation of intestinal lipid and lipoprotein metabolism [J]. Curr Opin Lipidol, 2016, 27(1): 1-7.
- Folgueira C, Beiroa D, Callon A, et al. Uroguanylin action in the brain reduced weight gain in obese mice via different efferent autonomic pathways[J]. Diabetes, 2016, 65(2): 421-432.
- Stockhorst U, Steingraber HJ, Scherbaum WA. Classically conditioned following following insulin and glucose administration in humans [J]. Behav Brain Res, 2000, 110 (1/2): 143-159.
- Bourét SG, Draper SJ, Simerly RB. Trophic action of leptin on hypothalamic neuron that regulate feeding [J]. Science, 2004, 304(5667): 108-110.
- Li Z, Zhang HS, Li J, et al. Study the HPA axis function, volume of the adrenal and pituitary glands in elderly patients with ;depression [J]. The Journal of Practical Medicine, 2016, 32(14): 2329-2332.
- Mueller NK, Dolgas CM, Herman JP. Stressor-selective role of the ventral subiculum in regulation of neuroendocrine stress responses [J]. Endocrinology, 2004, 145(8): 3763-3768.
- Wu B, Liu CB, Dong YW, et al. Effect of repeated fasting/refeeding on NUCB 2 expression in hypothalamus of rats [J]. Chinese Journal of Public Health, 2010, 26(3): 313-314.
- Wu J, Jia FY, Xie BY, et al. Nesfatin-1 suppresses gastric acid serection in rat [J]. Basic & Clinical Medicine, 2013, 33(5): 552-556.
- Wu D, Yang M, Chen Y, et al. Hypothalamic nesfatin-1/NUCB2 knockdown augments hepatic glucon eogenesis that is correlated with inhibition of mTOR-STAT3 signaling pathway in rats [J]. Diabetes, 2014, 63(4): 1234-1247.
- Shimizu H, Oh iS, Hashimoto K, et al. Peripheral administration of nesfatin-1 reduces food intake in mice: the leptin-independent mechanism [J]. Endocrinology, 2009, 150 (2): 662-671.
- Stengel A, Goebel M, Tache Y. Nesfatin-1: a novel inhibitory regulator of food intake and body weight [J]. Obes Rev, 2011, 12(4): 261-271.
- Lee WJ, Song KH, Koh EH, et al. Alpha-lipoic acid increases insulin sensitivity by activating AMPK in skeletal muscle[J]. Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 2005, 332 (3): 885-891.
- Qin XY, Wang BZ, Wu SG, et al. NUCB2/Nesfatin-1expression in the hypothalamus of DIO rats [J]. Chinese Journal of Clinical Anatomy, 2014, 32(6): 704-707.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.