Objective Study the expression of PCNA under different mechanical tension on the transformation of normal skin fibroblasts (NSFB) to hypertrophic scar fibroblasts(HSFB). Methods NSFB and HSFB were divided into the stretch group and the control group. Stretch groups were loaded with 0.1Hz, 10% amplitude cyclic stretch for 3, 5 and 7 days respectively. Control group were cultured without cyclic stretch. At the end of experiments, cell proliferation was determined by CCK8, immunocytochemistry（ICC）of proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA). Results When loaded for 5 days with amplitude cyclic stretch, compared with HSFB control group, expression levels of PCNA of the NSFB stretch group were no significant differences (P>0.05); while loaded for 3 days or 7 days, the above indexes showed significant differences (P<0.05). Conclusion The effect of mechanical tension for 5 days is the best time, which can induce normal skin fibroblasts to show some biochemical characteristics of hypertrophic scar fibroblasts.
- Su, S., S. Xin, and Y. Yu, [The study of expression and distribution of PCNA in hypertrophic scar tissue]. Zhonghua zheng xing wai ke za zhi = Zhonghua zhengxing waike zazhi = Chinese journal of plastic surgery, 2000. 16(2): p. 73-74.
- Junker, J.P.E., et al., Mechanical tension stimulates the transdifferentiation of fibroblasts into myofibroblasts in human burn scars. Burns, 2008. 34(7): p. 942-946.
- Hunt, B.G., et al., Maternal diethylhexyl phthalate exposure affects adiposity and insulin tolerance in offspring in a PCNA-dependent manner. Environmental Research, 2017. 159: p. 588-594.
- Hilton, B.A., et al., Progerin sequestration of PCNA promotes replication fork collapse and mislocalization of XPA in laminopathy-related progeroid syndromes. The FASEB Journal, 2017. 31(9): p. 3882-3893.
- Dezfuli, B.S., et al., Liver of the fish Gymnotus inaequilabiatus and nematode larvae infection: Histochemical features and expression of proliferative cell nuclear antigen. Journal of Fish Diseases, 2017. 40(12): p. 1765-1774.
- Derderian, C.A., et al., Mechanical Strain Alters Gene Expression in an in Vitro Model of Hypertrophic Scarring. Annals of Plastic Surgery, 2005. 55(1): p. 69-75.
- Sun, T., et al., [The characteristics of PCNA expression in hypertrophic scars and chronic ulcers and implication of the expression]. Zhonghua zheng xing wai ke za zhi = Zhonghua zhengxing waike zazhi = Chinese journal of plastic surgery, 2002. 18(4): p. 232-233.
- Zhao, B.C. and L. Qian, [Detection of apoptosis by in situ labeling and study on the expression of PCNA in hypertrophic scars and keloids]. Hunan yi ke da xue xue bao = Hunan yike daxue xuebao = Bulletin of Hunan Medical University, 2000. 25(1): p. 73-76.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.