In my first article, optimization of industrial system was achieved by the use of the simultaneous equation method while stochastic approximation was employed in obtaining optimality of the queuing system. In this paper, differential calculus and repeated trials were employed to located the optimum lot size of the inventory model while the optimization, dynamic programming and the economic lot size methods were required to obtain optimality of the replacement/rehabilitation model. If the first article created an impression that optimality is limited to some systems like the industrial and queuing systems the extension of optimality to the inventory and replacement/rehabilitation model shows that optimality is achievable in every system/model provided appropriate optimization technique is employed.
Optimality, Optimization Technique, Models
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA, 2000), Valuing machinery and technical assets, Washington DC.
- Ekeocha RJO, Odukwe AO, Agunwamba JC (2011) Machinery Replacement Problems Model, World Journal of Engineering and Pure and Applied Science, vol.1, no.3, pp. 81 – 87.
- Ekeocha, RJO. (2019) Optimization of Systems, International Journal of Sciences, 03 (2019) 117-124. DOI:10 18483/ijSci. 1964.
- Humphreys, K.K. (1991) Jelen’s Cost & Optimization Engineering, 3RD Edition, Chapter 11, Publisher: McGraw Hill Inc. New York.
- Merriam Webster: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/optimization.
- Singh VP, (2009) System Modeling and Simulation, New Age International Publishers.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.