In the present study, the structural and electrical properties of carbon nanoparticles, prepared from kerosene has been investigated with the help of Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA), Atomic Force Microscope (AFM) and Ecopia Hall-effect measurement system. The spherical carbon particles size was observed with the help of Atomic Force Microscope (AFM) and the size found 80 nm in diameter as an aggregated particles. The electrical parameters such as resistivity, conductivity, magneto-resistance, mobility, and average Hall coefficient were measured by Ecopia Hall effect measurement system by four-point probe method at a suitable condition. TheI-Vcharacteristic curve of Carbon Nanoparticle Thin Film (CNTF) was observed by a source-meter and a current rectifying behavior at the Ag/CNTF interface was found.The CNPs synthesized from kerosene was found as ann-type semiconductor and other electrical properties were compared with CNPs prepared from diesel in the previous study.
Carbon Nanoparticles, Atomic Force Microscope, Van Der Pauw, Rectifier, Thin Film
- Hossain, M. A., Islam, S. (2013). Synthesis of Carbon Nanoparticles from Kerosene and their Characterization by SEM/EDX, XRD and FTIR.American Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology.1(2), 52-56. DOI: 10.11648/j.nano.20130102.12 https://doi.org/10.11648/j.nano.20130102.12
- Hossain, M. A., Islam, S., Chowdhury, F. A., Mohiuddin, T. G., Uchida,K., Tamura, T., Sugawa, K., Mochida, T., Otsuki, J., Alam, M. S.(2016). Structural, mechanical, and electrical properties of carbon nanoparticles synthesized from diesel. Fullerenes, Nanotubes and Carbon Nanostructures.24(1), 43-51. DOI: 10.1080/1536383X.2015.1092436 https://doi.org/10.1080/1536383x.2015.1092436
- Hu, S. L., Niu, K. Y., Sun, J., Yang, J., Zhao, N. Q., and Du, X. W. (2009). One-step synthesis of fluorescent carbon nanoparticles bylaser irradiation.J. Mater. Chem. 19(4), 484-488. DOI: 10.1039/B812943F https://doi.org/10.1039/b812943f
- Iijima, S. (1991).Helical microtubules of graphitic carbon.Nature.354, 56-58. https://doi.org/10.1038/354056a0
- Mitin, V. V., Sementsov, D. I. and Vagidov, N. Z. (2010).Quantum Mechanics for nanostructures.Cambridge University Press. https://doi.org/10.1017/cbo9780511845161
- Novoselov, K. S., Geim, A. K., Morozov, S. V., Jiang, D., Zhang, Y., Dubonos, S. V., Grigirieva, I. V. (2004). Electric field effect in atomically thin carbon films.Science.306(5696), 666-669. DOI: 10.1126/science.1102896 https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1102896
- Pang, L. S. K., Saxby, J. D., S. P. Chatfield.(1993). Thermogravimetric analysis of carbon nanotubes and nanoparticles.J.Phys. chem. 97(27), 6941-6942. DOI: 10.1021/j100129a001 https://doi.org/10.1021/j100129a001
- Ray, S. C., Saha, A., Jana, N. R., and Sarkar, R. (2009). Fluorescent carbon nanoparticles: synthesis, characterization, and bioimaging application. J. Phys. Chem. C.113(43), 18546-18551. DOI: 10.1021/jp905912n https://doi.org/10.1021/jp905912n
- Sano, N., Wang, H., Chhowalla, M., Alexandrou, I., Amaratunga, G. A. J. (2001).Synthesis of Carbon 'Onions' in Water.Nature.414, 506-507. https://doi.org/10.1038/35107141
- Wu, L., Cai, X., Nelson, K.., Xing, W., Xia, J., Zhang, R., Stacy, A. J., Luderer, M., Lanza, G. M., Wang, L. V., Shen, B., Pan, D. (2013). A Green Synthesis of Carbon Nanoparticle from Honey for Real-Time Photoacoustic Imaging.Nano Res. 6(5), 312–325. DOI: 10.1007/s12274-013-0308-8 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12274-013-0308-8
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.