Download Full PDF
Read Complete Article
Volume 9 - Feb 2020
Bone transplantation has been used to repair bone defects for more than 300 years. Only in the United States, more than 1 million patients need bone grafting every year because of severe trauma, bone tumor, deformity and so on. Traditional bone graft materials include autogenous bone, allogeneic bone and artificial bone, but their wide application is limited because of various defects. With the development of biomedicine, tissue engineering and material science, the application of tissue engineered bone in the repair of bone defects has become a research hotspot.
Stissue Engineered Bone, Bone Defect, Repair, Progress
- B. Parsons, Elton, Strauss, Surgical management of chronic osteomyelitis, The American Journal of Surgery 188(1A Suppl) (2004) 57-66.
- R.C. SASSO, J.I. WILLIAMS, N. DIMASI, P.R.J.J.o.B. MEYER, J.S.A. Volume, Postoperative Drains at the Donor Sites of Iliac-Crest Bone Grafts. A Prospective, Randomized Study of Morbidity at the Donor Site in Patients Who Had a Traumatic Injury of the Spine*, 80(5) (1998) 631-5.
- G.M. Crane, Ishaug, Susan L., Mikos, Antonios G., Bone tissue engineering, (12) (1995) 1322-1324.
- F.K. Kasper, Melville, James, Shum, Jonathan, Wong, Mark, Young, Simon, Tissue Engineered Prevascularized Bone and Soft Tissue Flaps %J Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America, (1) (2017) 63-73.
- W.R. Hermann Seitz, Stephan Irsen, Barbara Leukers, Carsten Tille, Three-dimensional printing of porous ceramic scaffolds for bone tissue engineering, (2) (2005) 782-788.
- Q.Z.C. K. Rezwan, J.J. Blaker, A.R. Boccaccini, Biodegradable and bioactive porous polymer/inorganic composite scaffolds for bone tissue engineering %J Biomaterials, (18) (2006) 3413-3431.
- A.R. Shrivats, McDermott, Michael C., Hollinger, Jeffrey O., Bone tissue engineering: state of the union %J Drug Discovery Today, (6) (2014) 781-786.
- X.F. Sha Huang, Naturally derived materials-based cell and drug delivery systems in skin regeneration, (2) (2010) 149-159.
- B.E. Reubinoff, M.F. Pera, C.-Y. Fong, A. Trounson, A.B.J.N. Biotechnology, Erratum to “Embryonic stem cell lines from human blastocysts: somatic differentiation in vitro”, 18(5) (2000) 559-559.
- S. Kim, S.-S. Kim, S.-H. Lee, S.E. Ahn, S.-J. Gwak, J.-H. Song, B.-S. Kim, H.-M.C.J. Biomaterials, In vivo bone formation from human embryonic stem cell-derived osteogenic cells in poly(d,l-lactic-co-glycolic acid)/hydroxyapatite composite scaffolds, 29(8) 1043-1053.
- D. Peroni, I. Scambi, A. Pasini, V. Lisi, F. Bifari, M. Krampera, G. Rigotti, A. Sbarbati, M. Galiè, Stem molecular signature of adipose-derived stromal cells, 314(3) 603-615.
- M.G. Kim, D.M. Shin, S.W. Lee, The healing of critical-sized bone defect of rat zygomatic arch with particulate bone graft and bone morphogenetic protein-2, 63(3) 459-466.
- A.J.C.C. Yamaguchi, [Application of BMP to bone repair], 17(2) (2007) 263-269.
- K. Janssens, D.P. Ten, S. Janssens, H.W. Van, Transforming growth factor-beta1 to the bone, 26(6) (2005) 743-774.
- J.S.J.A.O.S.S. Wang, Basic fibroblast growth factor for stimulation of bone formation in osteoinductive or conductive implants, 269(s269) (1996) 1-33.
-  M. Nevins, W.V. Giannobile, M.K. McGuire, R.T. Kao, J.T. Mellonig, J.E. Hinrichs, B.S. McAllister, K.S. Murphy, P.K. McClain, M.L.J.J.o.P. Nevins, Platelet-Derived Growth Factor Stimulates Bone Fill and Rate of Attachment Level Gain: Results of a Large Multicenter Randomized Controlled Trial, 76(12) 2205-2215.
- T. Yamashima, K. Yoshimura, O. Morita, K.J.N.H.S.G.Z. Kobayashi, Histological Study of Bone Regeneration Using Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor on Rat Mandibular Bone Defect, 49(5) 726-735.
- J. Kleinheinz, H.P. Wiesmann, U. Stratmann, U. Joos, Evaluating angiogenesis and osteogenesis modified by vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), 6(3) (2002) 175.
- J. Kleinheinz, U. Stratmann, U. Joos, H.-P. Wiesmann, VEGF-Activated Angiogenesis During Bone Regeneration, 63(9) 1310-1316.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.