Author(s): Tiangu Yang, Yanhua Wang, Xiaowei Sun, Rui Xu, Hui Zhao
Download Full PDF
Read Complete Article
Volume 9 - May 2020
The purpose is to evaluate effectivity and influence on hepatic function indexes of percutaneous transhepatic biliary drainage (PTBD) in the treatment of biliary stricture after liver transplantation. Twenty-six patients with biliary stricture after liver transplantation were selected as the subjects. Hepatic function indexes such as albumin, direct bilirubin, glutamate transaminase, andγ-glutamyl transpeptidase(y-GT) were compared before and after the PTBD. There was significant difference between pre-procedure and post-procedure albumin value (P < 0.05). Most of patients (21/26) showed improvement of direct bilirubin, glutamate transaminase, and y-GT, and relief of obstructive jaundice symptoms. PTBD shows good effectivity of relieving obstructive jaundice symptoms and reducing hepatic function indexes in patients with biliary stricture after liver transplantation. However, the decrease of albumin should also be concerned.
PTBD, Biliary Stricture, Biliary Complications, Liver Transplantation, Hepatic Function Indexes
- The guideline of prevention and treatment for chronic hepatitis B: a 2015 update
- Gursimran Kochhar, Jose Mari Parungao, Ibrahim A Hanouneh, Mansour A Parsi: Biliary complications following liver transplantation. World J Gastroenterol 2013 May 21; 19(19): 2841-2846. https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v19.i19.2841
- BARBARA LATTANZI, PETER OTT, ALLAN RASMUSSEN, KAREN RABEN KUDSK, MANUELA MERLI and GERDA ELISABETH VILLADSEN: Ischemic Damage Represents the Main Risk Factor for Biliary Stricture After Liver Transplantation:A Follow-Up Study in a Danish Population. in vivo 32: 1623-1628 (2018). https://doi.org/10.21873/invivo.11423
- Toshitaka Sugawara, Junichi Shindoh, Yujiro Nishioka, Masaji Hashimoto:Total bilirubin amount in drainage fluid can be an early predictor for severe biliary fistula after hepatobiliary surgery. BioScience Trends. 2017; 11(5):588-594. https://doi.org/10.5582/bst.2017.01208
- Marcos V Perini, Paulo Herman, Andre L Montagnini, Jose Jukemura, Fabricio F Coelho, Jaime A Kruger, Telesforo Bacchella, Ivan Cecconello: Liver resection for the treatment of post-cholecystectomy biliary stricture with vascular injury. World J Gastroenterol 2015 February 21; 21(7): 2102-2107. https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v21.i7.2102
- Yuan CH, Xiu DR, Jiang B, Li ZF, Li L, Tao M, Song SB, Zhang TL: Analysis and management of the biliary complications after liver transplantations. Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2013 Jun 1;51(6):499-503.
- Wang L, Wang YY, Zhang Y,Peng W, Zheng PF, Cheng ZB: Two choices of biliary drainage in patients with obstructive jaundice. World Latest Medicine Information (Electronic Version) 2017 Vo1.17 No.102.
- Melina Heinemann, Bita Tafrishi, Sven Pischke, Lutz Fischer, Thomas Rösch, Ansgar W. Lohse, Martina Sterneck, Ulrike W. Denzer: ERC and PTCD in biliary strictures after liver transplantation: long-term outcome pre-dictors and influence on patient survival. doi: 10.1111/liv.13995. https://doi.org/10.1111/liv.13995
- Delden OMV, Lameris JS. Percutaneous drainage and stenting for palliation of malignant bile duct obstruction[J]. Eur Radiol, 2008, 18(3): 448-456. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-007-0796-6
- Shen B, Luo JF, Pan JG: Effect of Interventional Therapy on Hilar Cholangiocarcinoma and Its Effect on Alpha Fetoprotein,γ-glutamyl Transpeptidase. Medical Innovation of China,2017,14(30):103-106.
- Kwo PY, Cohen SM, Lim JK: ACG Clinical Guideline: Evaluation of Abnormal Liver Chemistries. Am J Gastroenterol. 2017 Jan;112(1):18-35. doi: 10.1038/ajg.2016.517. Epub 2016 Dec 20. https://doi.org/10.1038/ajg.2016.517
- Ren XJ, Gao N, Liu WX: Ultrasound in the diagnosis of complications after liver transplantation. Medical Journal of the Chinese People Armed Police Forces.2015 Feb;26(2):205-208.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.