Author(s): Shude Pang, Yingying Shi, Yanru Zhang
In recent years, the development of some photoswitches based on azobenzene group provides a good tool for high spatio-temporal and precise regulation of ion channels and protein receports, but these small molecular photoswitches are very easily diffused in organisms. To overcome this limit, we have designed a photoswitches SY1 containing photocrosslinked group diazirine. The photoswitch was synthesized by the condensation reaction between azobenzene derivative and diazirine. The structure of the compound was characterized by 1H NMR and HR-MS, and the photophysical properties of the photoswtich SY1 were studied by UV-vis spectroscopy in different solvent systems. The results show that SY1 has excellent photodependent isomerization.
Photoswitch, Azobenzene, Diazirine, Photo-crosslinking
- Velema W A, Szymanski W, Feringa B L. Photopharmacology: beyond proof of principle [J]. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2014, 136(6): 2178-91. https://doi.org/10.1021/ja413063e
- Wu C C, Huang S J, Fu T Y, et al. Small-Molecule Modulated Affinity-Tunable Semisynthetic Protein Switches [J]. ACS sensors, 2022, 7(9): 2691-700. https://doi.org/10.1021/acssensors.2c01211
- Beharry A A, Woolley G A. Azobenzene photoswitches for biomolecules [J]. Chemical Society reviews, 2011, 40(8): 4422-37. https://doi.org/10.1039/c1cs15023e
- Chevalier A, Renard P Y, Romieu A. Azo-Based Fluorogenic Probes for Biosensing and Bioimaging: Recent Advances and Upcoming Challenges [J]. Chemistry, an Asian journal, 2017, 12(16): 2008-28. https://doi.org/10.1002/asia.201700682
- Cardano F, Frasconi M, Giordani S. Photo-Responsive Graphene and Carbon Nanotubes to Control and Tackle Biological Systems [J]. Frontiers in chemistry, 2018, 6: 102. https://doi.org/10.3389/fchem.2018.00102
- Qiao Z, Luo J, Tang Y Q, et al. Photosensitive and Photoswitchable TRPA1 Agonists Optically Control Pain through Channel Desensitization[J]. J Med Chem, 2021, 64(21): 16282-16292. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jmedchem.1c01579
- Colca J R, Harrigan G G. Photo-affinity labeling strategies in identifying the protein ligands of bioactive small molecules: examples of targeted synthesis of drug analog photoprobes [J]. Combinatorial chemistry & high throughput screening, 2004, 7(7): 699-704. https://doi.org/10.2174/1386207043328337
- West A V, Woo C M. Photoaffinity Labeling Chemistries Used to Map Biomolecular Interactions [J]. Israel Journal of Chemistry, 2023, 63(1-2). https://doi.org/10.1002/ijch.202200081
- Seifert T, Malo M, Lengqvist J, et al. Identification of the Binding Site of Chroman-4-one-Based Sirtuin 2-Selective Inhibitors using Photoaffinity Labeling in Combination with Tandem Mass Spectrometry [J]. Journal of medicinal chemistry, 2016, 59(23): 10794-9. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jmedchem.6b01117
- Dubinsky L, Krom B P, Meijler M M. Diazirine based photoaffinity labeling [J]. Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry, 2012, 20(2): 554-70. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bmc.2011.06.066
- Li Z, Hao P, Li L, et al. Design and synthesis of minimalist terminal alkyne-containing diazirine photo-crosslinkers and their incorporation into kinase inhibitors for cell- and tissue-based proteome profiling [J]. Angewandte Chemie (International ed in English), 2013, 52(33): 8551-6.10. https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.201300683
- Parker C G, Galmozzi A, Wang Y, et al. Ligand and Target Discovery by Fragment-Based Screening in Human Cells [J]. Cell, 2017, 168(3): 527-41.e29. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2016.12.029
- Dubinsky L, Delago A, Amara N, et al. Species selective diazirine positioning in tag-free photoactive quorum sensing probes [J]. Chemical communications (Cambridge, England), 2013, 49(52): 5826-8. https://doi.org/10.1039/c3cc43092h
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.