We complete in the present paper our previous work (Lucotte et al. 2014, Int J Sciences, 3 (7): 28-32) on DNA marker of Karl Wilhelm Naundorff by the study of his Y-chromosome profile. For fourteen Y-STRs studied allelic values are identical to those of Hugues de Bourbon, the living 4th generation descendant of the Naundorff' elder branch. These datas establish that H. de Bourbon is patrilinealy related to K.W. Naundorff.
Y-chromosome markers, short tandem repeats (STRs), allelic values, Hugues de Bourbon, members of the Naundorff' family
- Burgarella C, Navascues M (2011). Mutation rate estimates for 110 Y-chromosome STRs combining population and father-son pair data. European Journal of human genetics, 19, 70-75
- Larmuseau MHD, Delorme P, Germain P, Wanderheyden N, Gilissen A, Geystelen A, Cassiman JJ, Decorte R (2013). Genetic genealogy reveals true Y-haplogroup of House of Bourbon contradicting recent identification of the presumed remains of two French kings. European Journal of human genetics, 22, 681-687
- Lucotte G, Roy-Henry (2014). Comparison between the Y-chromosome STR profile of Hugues de Bourbon and other members of the House of Bourbon. International Journal of Sciences, 3(2): 92-98
- Lucotte G, CrÃ©pin C, Thomasset T, Paris M (2014). Mitochondrial DNA sequences of the famous Karl Wilhelm Naundorff (1785?-1845). International Journal of Sciences, 3(7): 28-32
- Walsh B (2001). Estimating the time of the Most Recent Common Ancestor for the Y chromosome or mitochondrial DNA for a pair of individuals. Genetics, 158: 897-912
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.