Author(s): AL Quthami Khalid, Fadel Qabani, Mazen G Saeedi, Fauziah F Abusaadh, Suliman A Esmat, Saeed A Badahdah
Clinical specificity and genotype/subtype detection of viruses using the Cobas TaqScreen MPX system V 2.0, which is a nucleic acid test (NAT) that uses multiples for hepatitis B virus (HBV), hepatitis C virus (HCV), and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) strain variants, were investigated. The 95% LOD was employed in the experiment and the results returned a positive accuracy of 99.6%. which is consistent with the expected success rate as specified by Roche.
NAT, Multiplex, PCR
- American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons. "Information Statement Preventing the Transmission of Bloodborne Pathogens." Preventing the Transmission of Bloodborne Pathogens. American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons, 1 Jan. 2014. Web. Accessed 6 Feb. 2015.
- Cobuang, R., and L. Vinicci. "NRL EQAS: Observations from the NAT Blood Screening Program, 2012." NRL. NRL. Web. Accessed 6 Feb. 2015.
- Health Canada "Summary Basis of Decision (SBD) for COBAS TAQSCREEN MPX TEST." Summary Basis of Decision: COBAS TaqScreen MPX Test. Health Canada, 9 Mar. 2010. Web. Accessed 6 Feb. 2015.
- Jarvis, L, J Becker, A Tender, A Cleland, L Queiros, A Aquiar, J Azevedo, G Aprili, F Bressan, P Torres, S Nieto, A Ursitti, J Montoro, E Vila, C Ramada, and J Saldanha. Evaluation of the Roche Cobas S 201 System and Cobas Taqscreen Multiplex Test for Blood Screening: a European Multicenter Study. Transfusion. 48.9 (2008): 1853-61. Print http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1537-2995.2008.01779.x
- Labmedica "Test Screens Source Plasma for HIV, Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C Virusâ€ Labmedica.com. Lab Medica, 15 Dec. 2009. Web. Accessed 6 Feb. 2015.
- Peterson, Brian R. New Developments in Blood Transfusion Research. New York: Nova Science Publishers, 2006. Internet resource
- Roche Canada "Cobas Â® TaqScreen MPX Test, Version 2.0 for Use on the Cobas S 201 System." Roche Canada. Roche Canada. Web. Accessed 6 Feb. 2015.
- Saldanha, John. "Maximising Efficiency: IPFA/PEI 18th International Workshop on Surveillance and Screening of Blood Borne Pathogens."IPFA. IPFA, 11 May 2011. Web. Accessed 6 Feb. 2015
- Schmidt, M, L Pichl, C Jork, MK Hourfar, V Schottstedt, FF Wagner, E Seifried, TH MuÌˆller, J Bux, and J Saldanha. "Blood Donor Screening with Cobas S 201/Cobas Taqscreen Mpx Under Routine Conditions at German Red Cross Institutes." Vox Sanguinis. 98.1 (2010): 37-46. Print http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1423-0410.2009.01219.x
- Wilson, Jennie. Infection Control in Clinical Practice. Edinburgh: BaillieÌ€re Tindall/Elsevier, 2006. Print
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.