Author(s): ZHANG Min-Rui, Gao Mei-Hua, MA Yu, WANG Bing, ZHANG Bei
Download Full PDF
Read Complete Article
Volume 4 - Sep 2015
BACKGROUND: The activation and proliferation of T cells are based on the signal transduction after combinating of ligands and T cell antigen receptors(TCRs). As an adapter molecular, LAT(Linker for Activation of T Cells) is a kind of transmembrane protein which leads to a positive regulation for growth and differentiation of T cells[1,2]. Then, the palmitoylation of LAT is the foundation of signal transduction process. OBJECTIVE: By construct an tumor model with T leukemia Jurkat cells in nude mice, to research the effect of high expression of LAT to tumor load of mice. METHODS: Culturing the Jurkat cell line, the 5 weeks old female node mice were classified to three groups: high expression of LAT group, LAT mutation group and normal Jurkat group, each group had 8 mice. After pretreated with cyclophosphamide, 5×106/mice Jurkat cells were injected at armpit. Then observed the tumor of mice, measured weight of tumors, and HE stained of tumor tissues. Flow cytometry was used to detect proliferation of tumor cell in peripheral blood. ELISA was used to test the level of interleukia (IL)-2 in serum. RESULTS: After injected cells several days, the nude mice have appeared tumors under armpit and some symptoms like somnolent, anorectic and ect. The results of Flow cytometry and ELISA had shown that high expression of LAT group had the highest rate of tumor cells proliferation than other groups. CONCLUSION: It was successfully established the nude tumor model of T lymphocyte, confirmed the positive effect of LAT to the T cells activation and proliferation, provided a new target for acute T lymphocytic leukemia gene therapy.
LAT, Nude, Tumor Model, Leukemia
- Xia BS. The relationship on adapter protein and T cell signal transduction. Molecular Diagnostics. 2009;1: 47-53.
- Zhang W, Sloan-Lancaster J, Kitchen J, et al. LAT: the ZAP-70 tyrosine kinase substrate that links T cell receptor to cellular activation. Cell, 1998; 92(1)：83-92.
- Wang K, Wang C, Wu W, et al. Establishment of animal model of human cervical cancer in BALB/c nude mice by tumor tissue xenograft. Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi. 2014;32(6):441-3.
- Malbec O, Malissen M, Isnardi I, et al. Linker for Activation of T Cells Integrates Positive and Negative Signaling in Mast Cells. Immunoal, 2004; 173(8):5086-5094.
- Ragab A, Severin S, Gratacap MP, et al. Roles of the C-terminal tyrosine residuces of LAT in GPVI-induced platelet activation: insights into the mechanism of PLC gamma 2 activation. Blood, 2007;110(7):2466-2474.
- Su YW, Jumaa H. LAT links the pre-BCR to calcium signaling. Immunity, 2003;19:295-305.
- Facchetti F, Chan JK, Zhang W, et al. Linker for activation of T cells (LAT), a novel immunohistochemical marker for T cells, NK cells, mast cells, and megakaryocytes: evaluation in normal and pathological conditions. AM J Pathol, 1999; 154:1037-1046.
- Zhang W, Trible RP, Samelson LE. LAT palmitoylation: its essential role in membrane microdomain targeting and tyrosine phosphorylation during T cell activation. Immunity, 1998; 9(2):239-46.
- QIN Y, GAO MH, et al. Construction and subcellular localization of LAT-EGFP fusion protein[J].China Immunology,2013;(29):526-533.
- Ponimaskin E, Dityateva G, Ruonala MO, et al. Fibroblast growth factor-regulated palmitoylation of the neural cell adhesion molecule determines neuronal morphogenesis. J Neurosci, 2008; 28:8897-8907.
- Wange RL. LAT, the linker for activation of T cells: a bridge between T cell-specific and general signaling pathways.
- Lin J, Weiss A, Finco TS. Localization of LAT in glycolipid-enriched microdomains is required for T cell activation. J Biol Chem, 1999; 274:28861-28864.
- Gringhuis SI, Leow A, Papendrecht-Van Der Voort EA, et al. Displacement of linker for activation of T cells from the plasma membrane due to redox balance alterations results in hyporesponsiveness of synovial fluid T lymphocytes in rheumatoid arthritis. Immunol, 2000;164: 2170-2179.
- Hundt M, Tabata H, Jeon MS, et al. Impaired activation and localization of LAT in anergic T cells as a consequence of a selective palmitoylation defect. Immunity, 2006;24: 513-522.
- Weber JR, Orstavik S, Torgersen KM, et al. Molecular cloning of the cDNA encoding pp36, a tyrosine-phosphorylated adaptor protein selectively expressed by T cells and natural killer cells. Exp Med. 1998; 187(7):1157-61.
- Tanimura N, Saitoh S, Kawano S, et al. Palmitoylation of LAT contributes to its subcellular localization and stability. Biochem Biophys ResComun. 2006;341(4):1177-1183.
- Zhang W, Trible RP, Zhu M, et al. Association of Grb2, Gads, and phospholipase C-gamma 1 with phosphorylated LAT tyrosine residues. Effect of LAT tyrosine mutations on T cell angigen receptor-mediated signaling. J Biol Chem, 2000;275(30):23355-23361.
- Simons K, Ikonen E. Functional rafts in cell membranes. Nature. 1997;387:569–572.
- Edidin M. Lipid microdomains in cell surface membranes. Curr Opin Struct Biol. 1997; 7:528–532.
- Brown DA, London E. Functions of lipid rafts in biological membranes. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol.1998;14:111–136.
- Kimberley FC, Sivasankar B, Paul Morgan B. Alternative roles for CD59. Mol Immunol, 2007;44:73-81.
- Meri S, Morqan BP, Davies A, et al. Human protectin (CD59), an 18,000-20,000 MW complement lysis restricting factor, inhibits C5b-8 catalysed insertion of C9 into lipid bilayers [J]. Immunology,1990;71:1-9.
- Gao MH, Li YY, Wang LN, et al. CD59 has a positive effect on LAT induced T lymphocytes activation. Chinese Journal of Immunology, 2014;(7)
- Ohsugi T, Yamaguchi K, Kumasaka T, et al. Rapid tumor death model for evaluation of new therapeutic agents for adult T-cell leukemia[J]. Lab Invest, 2004;84(2): 263-266.
- Bai Y, ZHU XH. Preparation and identifacation of anti-CD59 monoclonal antibody. Immunological Journal, 1994; 10(5):218.
- Wang JC, Lapidot T, Cashman JD, et al. High level engraftment of NOD/SCID mice by primitive normal and leukemic hematopoietic cells from patients with chronic myeloid leukemia in chronic phase[J].Blood,1998;91(7):2406-14.
- Miyazaki T, Liu ZJ, Kawahara A, et al. Three distinct IL-2 signaling pathways mediated by bcl-2, c-myc, and lck cooperate in hematopoietic cell proliferation. Cell, 1995; 81(2):223-31.
- Morgan DA, Ruscetti FW, Gallo R, et al. Selective in vitro growth of T lymphocytes from normal human bone marrows. Science, 1976; 193(4257):1007-1008.
- Lenardo MJ. Interleukin-2 programs mouse alpha beta T lymphocytes for apoptosis. Nature, 1991; 353(6347): 858-61.
- Donlin L, Roman CA, Adlam M, et al. Defective thymocyte mat uration by transgenic expression of a truncated form of the T lymphocyte adapter molecule and Fyn substrate, Sin. Immunol, 2002; 169(12):6900-9.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.