Author(s): Adnan M. Rawashdeh, Prof. Dr. Tayfun Turgay, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Serdar Saydam
The study evaluates the impact of business strategy on corporate performance in Jordanian private banks. A total of 193 employees from the human resource departments of Jordanian private banks had responded to adapted questionnaire that measured two independent variables (cost reduction and differentiation) and corporate performance. The results reflected a positive and statistically significant relationship of (cost reduction and differentiation) with corporate performance. This study recommends banks management to keep engaging in correcting their business strategy to manage challenges in this changing business environment in order to create and sustain superior bank performance.
Business strategy, corporate performance, Jordanian private banks
- Abdul R (2007). HRM Sophistication and SME Performance: A Case of Ready Made Garment Manufactures and Exporters in Lahore. Pakistan. Unpublished Doctor Thesis. And Twente University. Pakistan
- Arthur J. (1992). The link Between Business Strategy and Industrial Relations Systems in American Steel Mills. Indus. & Lab. Rel. Rev. 45: 488-506
- Cheng C. (2003). Research of Relation between Business Strategy and Business Performance for R Recreation Resorts in Kenting Area. Taiwan. Unpublished Masterâ€™s thesis. Chang Jung University. Taiwan
- Chiang C (2004).The Impacts of Business Strategy and Compensation Strategy on Organizational Performance. Unpublished Masterâ€™s thesis. Soochow University. Taiwan.
- Chow H (2006). The Linkage of HRM and Knowledge-related Performance in Chinaâ€™s Technology-intensive Industries Hong Kong: The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Dess G, Gupta A, Hennart J & Hill C (1995). Conducting and Integrating Strategy Research at The International Corporate. and Business Levels: Issues and Directions. Manage. J. 21: 357â€“393
- Duray R (1997).Mass Customization Configurations: an Empirical Investigation of Manufacturing Practices of Customization. Unpublished PhD Thesis. The Ohio State University. Columbus
- Feng H, Tzai Z & Wann Y (2010) The Relationship Between Human Resource Management Practices. Business Strategy and Firm Performance: Evidence From Steel Industry in Taiwan, Int. J. of H R M. 21 (9) :1351-1372
- Huselid M & Becker B (1997). The Impact of High Performance Work Systems Implementation Effectiveness. and Alignment with Strategy on Shareholder Wealth. Acad. of Manage. Proceedings :144-149
- Irene H & Liu S (2009). The effect of Aligning Organizational Culture and Business Strategy With HR Systems on Firm Performance in Chinese Enterprises. Int. J. of HRM.20 (11): 2292-2310
- Lee F, Lee T & Wua W (2010). The Relationship Between Human Resource Management Practices. Business strategy and Firm Performance: Evidence From Steel Industry in Taiwan, The Int. J. of HRM. 21 (9) : 1351â€“1372
- Lee H (2000). An Empirical Study of the Relationship among Business Type. Strategy and Performance of Chinese Medicine Industry of Taiwan. Unpublished Masterâ€™s thesis. National Defense Management University. Taiwan
- Leffakis Z (2009).The Effects of High Performance Work Systems on Operational Performance in Different Manufacturing Environments : Improving the Fit of HRM Practices in Mass Customization. Unpublished PhD Dissertation. Toledo University
- Legge K (1995). Human Resource Management. Rhetoricâ€™s and Realities. Macmillan. London
- Liao Y (2005). Business Strategy and Performance: The Role of Human Resource Management Control. Person. Rev. J. 34( 3) : 294â€“309
- Martell K, Gupta A, & Carroll S (1996). Human Resource Management Practices. Business Strategies. and Firm Performance: A Test of Strategy Implementation Theory. Irish Bus. and Admin. Res. 17 (1) : 18â€“35
- Raduan C, Gegak U, Haslinda A & Alimin I (2009). A Conceptual Framework of the Relationship between Organizational Resources. Capabilities. Systems. Competitive Advantage and Performance. Res. J. of Int. Stud. 12 : 45- 58
- Porter M (1985). Competitive Advantage, New York: Free Press
- Wall T, Michie J, Patterson M, Wood S, Sheehan M & Clegg C (2004). On The Validity of Subjective Measures of Company Performance. Person. Psychol. J. 57 (1) : 95-118
- Wendy R (2008) Organizational Culture, HRM and Firm Performance : Examining Relationships Using the Competing Values Framework in Call Centers. Unpublished Doctorate Dissertation. Saint Maryâ€™s University. Halifax. Nova Scotia. Canada
- Wheleen T & Hunger D (2008). Strategic Management & Business Policy.11thed. New Jersey Pearson Education. Inc. Upper Saddle River
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.