Author(s): Honggui Deng, Junzhi Zhao, Xu Deng, Songshan Ma
The inter-carrier interference caused by time-variant fading channels is analyzed in high mobility OFDM systems. An improved iterative channel estimation algorithm is proposed for the systems. The wireless channel is estimated through a weighted time-domain interpolation of the pilot channel coefficients. The interpolation weights are designed according to the Doppler spread, which is calculated by the velocity of the receiver. The pilot channel coefficients are iteratively estimated by pilot tones using a Least Square (LS) method. During the iterative process, the detected data symbols are feed back as new pilots to optimize the estimates of pilot channel coefficients. The simulation results show that the proposed algorithm outperforms the existing methods. When the receiver moving at a speed up to 300Km/h, the performance degradation of the proposed method compared to the performance of perfect channel estimation is only 1dB-2dB.
OFDM, ICI, time-variant channel, iterative channel estimation
- Leonard J.Cimini, Jr. Analysis and simulation of a digital mobile channel using orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing[J]. IEEE Trans Communication, 1985, 33(7): 665-675
- Std.TR 25.814, Rev.7.1.0, Sep.2006.3GPP, Physical layer aspects for evolved UTRA[S]
- Std., Rev.2, 2006.IEEE, IEEE STD 802.16e-2005[S]
- Y.Li,J.H.Winters, N.R.Sollenberger. MIMO-OFDM for wireless communications, signal detection with enhanced channel estimation[J]. IEEE Trans Communication, 2002, 50(7):1471-77
- Zhang Ji-Dong , Zhen Bao-Yu. Channel estimation for OFDM systems based on pilot arrangement[J]. Transactions on Communication, 2003, 24(11):116-124
- H. Meng-Han, W. Che-Ho. Channel estimation for OFDM systems based on comb-type pilot arrangment in frequency selective fading channels[J]. IEEE Transactions on Consumers Electronics, 1998, 44(5):217â€“225
- S. Coleri, M. Ergen, A. Puri, A. Bahai. Channel estimation techniques based on pilot arrangement in OFDM systems[J]. IEEE Transactions on broadcasting, 2002, 48(3):223â€“229
- O.Edfors, M.Sandell, J.J.Van dee Beek. OFDM channel estimation by singular value decomposition[J]. IEEE Trans on Communication, 1998, 46(5):931-939
- L.ye, N.Sehadri, N.R.Sollenberger. Robust channel estimation for OFDM systems with transmitter diversity in mobility wireless channels[J]. IEEE Trans on Communication, 1998, 46(7):902-915
- Y. Mostoï¬ ,D. Cox. ICI mitigation for pilot-aided OFDM mobile systems[J]. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2005, 4(8): 765â€“774
- A.Stamoulis, S.Diggavi, N.Al-dhahir. Inter-carrier interference in MIMO-OFDM[J]. IEEE Transactions on signal processing, 2002, 50(10):2451-2464
- M.Zhao, Z.Shi, M.Reed. Iterative turbo channel estimation for ofdm system over rapid dispersive fading channel[J]. IEEE Trans on Wireless Communication, 2007, 7(8):2226-2238
- S.Marinkovic, B.Vucetic, A.Ushirokawa. Spacetime iterative and multistage receiver structures for cdma mobile communication systems[j]. IEEE J.Sel. Areas Communication,2001,19(8):1594-1604
- W.Hardjawana, R.Li, B.Vucetic. A new iterative channel estimation for high mobility MIMO-OFDM systems[C]. VTC, May 2010
- W.Jakes. Microwave Mobile Communications[M]. Piscataway: NJ, 1974:238-233
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.