To investigate the qualitative and quantitative detection of ATF5 activated transcription factors in tumor tissue by using the method of transfecting IE2 mouse tumor to explore the effect of HCMV immediate early protein IE86 on ATF5 function. Transfected mice were treated with GL261 mouse glioma cells. The expression of transcription factor ATF5 in the tumor tissues of tumor-bearing mice was detected by PCR and Western-blotting methods. The experimental results showed that the expression of ATF5 was higher in IE2 transgenic mice than in normal mice. ATF5 is highly expressed in IE2 transgenic mice. ATF5 is a transcription factor closely related to apoptosis and plays an important role in apoptosis, differentiation and development.
Human Cytomegalovirus, IE86, Mouse Glioma Cell, ATF5
- Ahn, K., et al., The ER-luminal domain of the HCMV glycoprotein US6 inhibits peptide translocation by TAP. Immunity, 1997. 6(5): p. 613.
- Varnum, S.M., et al., Identification of Proteins in Human Cytomegalovirus (HCMV) Particles: the HCMV Proteome. Journal of Virology, 2004. 78(20): p. 10960-6.
- Zhu, H., Y. Shen, and T. Shenk, Human cytomegalovirus IE1 and IE2 proteins block apoptosis. Journal of Virology, 1995. 69(12): p. 7960.
- Arend, K.C., et al., Multiple transcripts encode full-length human cytomegalovirus IE1 and IE2 proteins during lytic infection. Journal of Virology, 2016. 90(19): p. JVI.00741-16.
- Jupp, R., et al., Human cytomegalovirus IE86 protein interacts with promoter-bound TATA-binding protein via a specific region distinct from the autorepression domain. Journal of Virology, 1993. 67(12): p. 7539-46.
- Hansen, M.B., et al., Mouse Atf5: molecular cloning of two novel mRNAs, genomic organization, and odorant sensory neuron localization. Genomics, 2002. 80(3): p. 344.
- JM, A., et al., Regulated expression of ATF5 is required for the progression of neural progenitor cells to neurons. Journal of Neuroscience the Official Journal of the Society for Neuroscience, 2013. 23(11): p. 4590.
- Britt, W.J., et al., Cell surface expression of human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) gp55-116 (gB): use of HCMV-recombinant vaccinia virus-infected cells in analysis of the human neutralizing antibody response. Journal of Virology, 1990. 64(3): p. 1079.
- Weber, B., et al., Humoral immune response to human cytomegalovirus infection: diagnostic potential of immunoglobulin class and IgG subclass antibody response to human cytomegalovirus early and late antigens. Clinical Investigator, 1993. 71(4): p. 270-276.
- Van, Z.J., et al., Humoral immune response against human cytomegalovirus (HCMV)-specific proteins after HCMV infection in lung transplantation as detected with recombinant and naturally occurring proteins. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol, 1995. 2(2): p. 214-218.
- Hsu, C.H., et al., HCMV IE2-mediated inhibition of HAT activity downregulates p53 function. Embo Journal, 2004. 23(11): p. 2269-2280.
- Braendstrup, P., et al., Identification and HLA-Tetramer-Validation of Human CD4+ and CD8+ T Cell Responses against HCMV Proteins IE1 and IE2. Plos One, 2014. 9(4): p. e94892.
- Stinski, M.F. and D.T. Petrik, Functional Roles of the Human Cytomegalovirus Essential IE86 Protein. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol, 2008. 325(1): p. 133-152.
- Lang, D., et al., Functional interaction between the human cytomegalovirus 86-kilodalton IE2 protein and the cellular transcription factor CREB. Journal of Virology, 1995. 69(10): p. 6030.
- Mason, J.L., et al., ATF5 regulates the proliferation and differentiation of oligodendrocytes. Molecular & Cellular Neuroscience, 2005. 29(3): p. 372.
- Zhou, D., et al., Phosphorylation of eIF2 Directs ATF5 Translational Control in Response to Diverse Stress Conditions. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 2008. 283(11): p. 7064-7073.
- JM, A., et al., Selective destruction of glioblastoma cells by interference with the activity or expression of ATF5. Oncogene, 2006. 25(6): p. 907-16.
- Hu, M., et al., Human cytomegalovirus immediate-early protein promotes survival of glioma cells through interacting and acetylating ATF5. Oncotarget, 2017. 8(19): p. 32157.
- Huang, R., et al., Association between human cytomegalovirus infection and histone acetylation level in various histological types of glioma. Oncology Letters, 2015. 10(5): p. 2812.
- Rodems, S.M., C.L. Clark, and D.H. Spector, Separate DNA Elements Containing ATF/CREB and IE86 Binding Sites Differentially Regulate the Human Cytomegalovirus UL112-113 Promoter at Early and Late Times in the Infection. Journal of Virology, 1996. 70(5): p. 2697-2707.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.