The number of electronic (mobile) devices in the world is ever increasing. With this increase of transmitting devices, the electromagnetic interference (EMI) between those devices and other equipment becomes a bigger challenge. This raises the need for equipment and therefore integrated circuits that are more robust to the presence of Electromagnetic waves. In this study, the effect of radio frequency interference in operational amplifiers is dealt with by introducing a parameter to unambiguously specify the EMI robustness of an Op-Amp: EMI Rejection Ratio (EMIRR). This paper presents the background, details and usage of the EMIRR parameter in determining the sensitivity of op-amp to electromagnetic interference.
OP -Amps, Electromagnetic Interference, EMRR. RF, Modeling, Simulation, Offset Voltage
- Anyaoha S.N and Osunde, O. D (2011). Immunity of Operational Amplifiers Against High Frequency and High Amplitude pulse Interferences. M.Sc Thesis University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- Fiori, F (2002) â€œA New non-linear model of EMI induced distortion phenomenon in feedback CMOS Operational amplifiers. IEEE Transaction on electromagnetic compatibility Vol 44, No 4 pp 495-502
- Fiori, F (2003) EMI-Inuced failures in PWM controllers for smps proc. IEEE international symposium on electromagnetic compatibility vol 1 pp303-309
- Fiori, F. Croveti, P.S and Pozzolo, V (2001) â€œPrediction of RF interference in operational amplifiers by a new analytical model. IEEE Transaction on Electromagnetic Compatibility Vol 46 No 2 291-297
- Hallon, J. Bittera, M. Kovack, K. Szolik, I (2003) â€œ Sensitivity of operational amplifiers output circuits to HF isturbance IEEE Transaction on circuits an systems pp 300-304
- Hallon, J. Kovac, K. Smiesko, V. (2002) â€œ Sensitivity of a single supply BJT Op-amp to pulse disturbances an its modelingâ€ 12th international scientific conference â€œRadio Electronics 2002â€ Bratislava, Slovak Republic pp 390-393
- Jovic Ogunjen (2010) â€œSusceptibility of ICs to conducted Electromagnetic interference. IEEE Transaction on Electromagnetic compatibility vol. 51 No 2 pp 290-294
- Moraes, M. R. and Anlage, S. M (2002) â€œEffects of RF stimulus and negative feedback on non-linear circuitsâ€ IEEE Transaction on circuits an systems pp 3-4
- Richelli, A. Colalongo, L. Quarantelli, M (2002) Design of an integrated CMOS operational amplifier with low probability EMI induced failures IEEE Transaction on Electromagnetic compatibility vol 45 No 2 pp167-174
- Sketoe, J. G (2000) â€œIntegrated circuit electromagnetic immunity handbookâ€ Tech. Rep. NASA/CR-2000-210017, Boing Information, Space and Defense systems seattle, W.A
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.